Wrestlemania 31 (SPOILERS)

Whether it's what's Best for Business or...whatever TNA's doing, discuss wrestling here!
Novak84

Re: Wrestlemania 31 (SPOILERS)

Postby Novak84 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:27 am

To answer your question Declan, I beleve that last week UFC and WWE have agreed a deal where talent can appear on shows. And this was capped with the allowance of Ronda on Wrestlemania.

Head of

THE STREAK
3-0
Maddog, Joe Delonge, Blake Jones

IT'S NOT SAD TO BE MAD.
DGX
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby DGX » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:44 pm

Wrestlemania perfectly encapsulated why I have always said and continue to maintain that in terms of enhancing talent of the future John Cena is absolutely DISMAL for the business. The kind of person he is, the symbol, what he stands for, hell even his stuff in the ring: not bad. But John Cena has never EVER played ball when it came to giving up and coming talent that has potential any sort of rub at all. He literally makes every young talent he steps in the ring with look like a fucking goon and an idiot. Rusev is an amazing athlete, he has the look, the body and the gimmick to be one of the hottest talents for the next fiveish years. Easily a low end main event/high midcard potential. And Cena goes out and does what he always does, ruins him.

Look I get that Cena was going to go over. I'm not complaining about that although it's fucking ridiculous because what the hell does he need a midcard title for? But I understand this is WWE so that's just what was going to happen. But look at the match itself. The only part Rusev looked good in was his entrance. He didn't look unstoppable or even super strong. He was just like everyone else, he got Cena down for like five minutes and then Cena hit his smutz and killed him. The Accolade, while a Camal Clutch which let's be real isn't a practical move at the best of times (straight up why would you not just pull your own arms forward off the dude's legs?) was established by many competitors as this beastly, unbreakable submission. The literal Strongest Man in the World went down to it. And Cena just powers out, just cuz. And then that finish, Cena gets him in the STF, pulls him back, gets distracted by Lana, Rusev goes for the cheap shot, hits Lana, gets an AA and loses...hokey but believable. But if just last year you were having freaking Roman Reigns (who was still a high midcard act with the Shield at the time) prying apart Cena's hands in the STF why would Rusev not be afforded that same courtesy? He plainly could do it. And Mania up to that entire point was about reciprocity. Rollins kicks out of a finish, Orton kicks out of a finish: Sting and Trips traded finish kick outs. Literally the only freaking match that didn't have an equitable exchange of finishers was the US title match.

Contrast this to the Wyatt-Taker match. You knew Wyatt was going to lose. Maybe not the best decision but that's how it is so we can accept and roll with it. But look how Undertaker treated Wyatt. He allowed him to kick out of a Tombstone AND win a fist fight exchange with him. Wyatt looked like a credible and malevolent beast and I walked away from that match respecting his ability even in defeat. Because Taker understands and knows how to properly enhance and give props to new talent. From Umaga to Khali to the Nexus and even a thankfully office thwarted attempt on the Shield, Cena just kills new talent. And that's just his modus operandi. Thank God Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns had the balls to stand up for themselves. Could you imagine if Cena had gone over them in that "All Star" match in what was literally their second match ever? One wonders where that act would've gone had Cena been able to roll out on the first Raw to Mania cracking his kiddy jokes about how the Shield just suck.

And last night he unfortunately claimed another victim in Rusev. We always joke from back in the early 2000s Trips having his graveyard of buried careers/stars, Cena unfortunately has put together his own growing plot of those himself. And it's really too bad.

Dan Bennett: And at first I smiled and just said; "Sweetheart, it's because most people are losers and have little loser babies."
Novak84

Postby Novak84 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:59 pm

I have to say I'm sorry DGX, but your wrong. I think having the mid card titles on 2 high card talents is good. Because the titles will be taken more serious. And could lead to a unification. (well they have done it with all other titles) between Bryan and Cena, which Bryan wins and maybe, just maybe turns Cena heal.

In contrast to the way the match ended at Fastlane, Lena being the reason that he lost the title, was a good move. I feel that Rusev needs to move away from the pro Russia angle as I personally don't enjoy it. And feel the character himself is better than it.

The main problem Is with Cena, is those from the attitude era will not like him. Because of how wwe have sold him to us. This generations Hogan/ Rock. And we don't buy it. But the product is.not for us. It's for the kids.

Head of

THE STREAK
3-0
Maddog, Joe Delonge, Blake Jones

IT'S NOT SAD TO BE MAD.

Return to “Wrestling Chat”