Top Ten Wrestling Controversies

Whether it's what's Best for Business or...whatever TNA's doing, discuss wrestling here!
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Top Ten Wrestling Controversies

Postby Dan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:42 pm

styg
Lord of the Ring Participant

Re: Top Ten Wrestling Controversies

Postby styg » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:44 pm

Oh god, WatchMojo, the same site that made a top ten female wrestlers video with Stacy Kiebler, Torrie Wilson and Sable on it. -.-

I'm not sure how Undertaker losing at WM made the list, but the rest seem reasonable picks. Not sure they're the exactly the most controversial moments in wrestling history though, so much as the most controversial moments of the last 30 years of mainstream north American wrestling.

I did love Michael Cole's "An elbow right to the chest of Ambrose!" when it's pretty clearly Roman Reigns. XD
18W|3D|4L
Hardcore Champion x3 | Gladiatorial Champion | World Heavyweight Champion | first Supreme Champion
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:05 am

I'd never heard of the Mass Transit incident before this, so it was a learning experience to a degree lol
styg

Postby styg » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:05 am

I wonder how this weekend's incident with Yoshiko shooting on Act Yasukawa is going to go down in history. XD
18W|3D|4L
Hardcore Champion x3 | Gladiatorial Champion | World Heavyweight Champion | first Supreme Champion
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:46 am

styg wrote:I wonder how this weekend's incident with Yoshiko shooting on Act Yasukawa is going to go down in history. XD

I wouldn't expect to see YOSHIKO in a wrestling ring again for a while. I saw the pictures of the damage, it's disgusting...
styg

Postby styg » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:56 am

Aye, last I heard she's been stripped of the title, fired, and banned from Stardom for life. I don't know the issue between her and Act but either way, at the very least, how unprofessional. And that smile at the end... so pleased with herself for beating up someone who didn't know it was coming. Ick.
18W|3D|4L
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy
Razer

Postby Razer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:59 pm

From reading what the internet has put together, the general theory is the smiling cunt seems to be bitter about Act being an up and comer who is far more popular than she is and there was/is talk of Act getting the STARDOM top belt off of her at some point down the line (again, this is the internets speaking, so fucked if this is true/accurate)

BUT given how it went (i managed to see the footage... fucking horrible!!), it does seem quite likely as she did deliberately target the eye of Act and she was rather happy with herself.

Unfortunately, this won't spell the end of her career - look at New Jack - legit dangerous, still gets bookings. Twat will just go elsewhere and use her notoriety to get ahead

XWA Record (WDL): 8-0-1
Gladiatorial Champion (Won at XWA Massacre: Lords and Gods [30th January show date] - ?????)
styg

Postby styg » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:32 am

Article on the incident from a friend of Act's: https://t.co/RwXnPvJRkG
18W|3D|4L
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy

Return to “Wrestling Chat”