The "General WWE/Wrestling Spoilers" Thread

Whether it's what's Best for Business or...whatever TNA's doing, discuss wrestling here!
Blake Jones

Re: The "General WWE/Wrestling Spoilers" Thread

Postby Blake Jones » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:15 pm

I like the Matadores gimmick, I think they used the wrong people for it. I'd have used some high flyers like Hunico.

PS: El Torito is awesome imo

XWA Record: 0-0-0
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

Postby DJS » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:30 pm

Legendary wrote:You know who surprised me though? Alicia Fox.

And it's not just because she got big, fake cans; but she was actually decent in her match (the high kick spot, modified Desecrater)

Oh yeah, Alicia Fox is fucking legit. She gets very little time to really show it but she's one of the better female workers on the roster when given some actual time to show it.

New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
Rob
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Goldust was in full make up again... Seemed silly... He also didn't speak :( ssssssssssssssssssssGOLDUST
CURRENT Image
FORMER Image

SDFC
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:54 pm

Diamond Jack Sabbath wrote:
Legendary wrote:You know who surprised me though? Alicia Fox.

And it's not just because she got big, fake cans; but she was actually decent in her match (the high kick spot, modified Desecrater)

Oh yeah, Alicia Fox is fucking legit. She gets very little time to really show it but she's one of the better female workers on the roster when given some actual time to show it.

I can't tell from the set-up, is that a Suplex with bridge or is that a Northern Lights Suplex? Cos I love a good Northern Lights.
Dysfunctional
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member

Postby Dysfunctional » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:36 pm

It's a Northern Lights. DAT FLEXIBILITY! :shock:
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

Postby DJS » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:20 am

I just wanna put this out there- Cody Rhodes is my favourite guy to watch in right now and he works so much better as a face. I think it's helped by the fact he's not a jokey-smiling guy as guys tend to turn into once they turn face in WWE. He's made to look like a legitimate threat in the ring, and I love it.
Blake Jones

Postby Blake Jones » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:17 am

Diamond Jack Sabbath wrote:I just wanna put this out there- Cody Rhodes is my favourite guy to watch in right now and he works so much better as a face. I think it's helped by the fact he's not a jokey-smiling guy as guys tend to turn into once they turn face in WWE. He's made to look like a legitimate threat in the ring, and I love it.

I WISH we had a like button.

XWA Record: 0-0-0
Dysfunctional
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member

Postby Dysfunctional » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:09 am

Novak84

Postby Novak84 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:07 pm

Quick wrestlemaina review from New York.

pre show decent, Cesaro as a face? Nice. Shield and Bryan wins were best for business. I actually enjoyed Cena match. Divas was ok, but did go toilet during that match. But...................

FUCK YOU WWE. FUCK YOU BROCK. FUCK YOU NUMBER 1. Worst thing you have done since XFL, screw it, it's worst than that, even letting punk go was not this bad. But taker retirement and hall of fame next year is pretty much nailed on now.

Head of

THE STREAK
3-0
Maddog, Joe Delonge, Blake Jones

IT'S NOT SAD TO BE MAD.
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

Postby DJS » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:11 pm

I actually don't dislike the Streak ending. I mean look at it this way- say some young gun comes along and wins their match against the Undertaker at Mania. All sounds very well and nice for them. Except that means they have to keep them built up as THE SHIT for the remainder of their career now. If anyone was going to do it, they picked the right guy, because Brock is perceived as a legitimate threat and now he will be even more so.

And hell, I'm under the impression Taker gets a say in his 'Mania matches so if it wasn't the right thing or he felt like he was getting screwed over, he'd have got that changed.

As for the rest of the show, one of the best WrestleManias of all time. Definitely. Daniel Bryan finally got the big payoff we waited for, Hogan, Rock and Austin opening the show and Cesaro showing off just how awesome he's going to be once he gets those big moments. I was even fine with John Cena's win, because I think Cena is being used in the best capacity right now. Everything panned out great, I think. But if anything has proven that "wrestling fans will complain about anything", it's this show. Mania 30 was solid, really delivered.

Return to “Wrestling Chat”