The "General WWE/Wrestling Spoilers" Thread

Whether it's what's Best for Business or...whatever TNA's doing, discuss wrestling here!
DGX
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Re: Money in the bank/Raw SPOILERS thread

Postby DGX » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:52 pm

Novak84 wrote:Orton is not staying face. He is due a heal turn. The summerslam wwe title storyline is cent v orton, sorry.

Nah it won't work that way. It's not a heel turn if Orton just straight up tells Cena he's coming to fight him at Summerslam. I'd wager that Bryan does get the nod to be the main challenger at Summerslam and either he wins the title after a knock down drag out, or Orton crashes at a lull after heavy action causing the DQ and cashes in that way. Either way Orton's heel turn IMO hinges on his somehow screwing Bryan who has the strongest Face heat ATM.

Dan Bennett: And at first I smiled and just said; "Sweetheart, it's because most people are losers and have little loser babies."
Dysfunctional
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member

Postby Dysfunctional » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:23 am

^
That would be a first time ever. An intentional DQ leading to the start of a cash-in WWE title match. Perfect heel turn.
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Serena Maxwell

Postby DJS » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:31 am

Also, this is now the general spoilers thread.
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
Rob
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Re: The "General WWE/Wrestling Spoilers" Thread

Postby Rob » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:53 am

Best RAW of the year. I wasn't bored for even a second and didn't skip anything. I was really impressed with the Punk/Heyman/Lesnar segment, Del Rio V Ziggler is gold, Bryan becoming no 1 contender was great, Wyatt family is entertaining as hell, Shield attacking Henry was impressive and even Brad Maddox was on form.
CURRENT Image
FORMER Image

SDFC
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler
Adam Fenric
Serena Maxwell

Postby DJS » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:03 pm

I haven't seen it yet, but I know Bryan is facing Cena.

There's a repeating, affirmative exclaimation that describes my thoughts on this, but I can't put my finger on what it is...
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:57 am

Okay, legit, the RVD vs. Y2J match is a 5 star match in my book, and no, that's not a play on the Frog Splash, that was probably the best match I've seen all year. Gave me goosebumps.
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler
Adam Fenric
Serena Maxwell

Postby DJS » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:19 am

I've seen it all now. I'll give my thoughts...

- Bray Wyatt's promo was awesome, but fuuuuck Truth looks old. Was it the hair? I dunno, but he looked aged as shit.
- Rob Van Dam vs. Jericho was fantastic. As someone who watches TNA, I can tell RVD is shit-tons more motivated than he seemed on Impact every week. It's nice to hear crowds reacting to his spots too. Jericho was, of course, on form too. THAT is what I want from two veterans in the ring, not twenty five minutes of lying around and ten minutes of a Cell lowering, excuse me Hunter and Taker.
- I've been on the Brad Maddox train for years ever since I saw him in his YouTube show...so glad he's GM. I like the character a lot.
- DON'T like the Hunter/Stephanie/Vince thing. "Eeekk, Vince might not like that". Who gives a FUCK what Vince wants. Shut up.
- The Great Khali. That is all.
- Punk and Heyman segment was my favourite part of the show. I think this is going to be tremendous.
- YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! etc.
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:13 pm

Is anyone else cringing at the thought of a HHH vs. VKM match at Summerslam? Just thought I'd bring that up.

Also, it may just be my opinion, but I really think that CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel should be a thing for 4-6 months. Once CM Punk beats BBBBBBBBBBBBBBROOOCK.....LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEESSSSSNNNUUUUUUR, then there should be a Curtis Axel vs. CM Punk feud. I was very impressed with his improvement and how well those two work together, especially since both tend to use throwback moves and go old school wrestling. I personally love that Axel uses the second rope diving elbow from Bret Hart.

Also, the six man tag match was pretty impressive, which I haven't used to describe a Cena match in a long time. The Shield definitely carried that segment and them returning after Orton laid out both Bryan and Cena was brilliant. I wish they'd have Triple Towerbombed both Cena and Bryan, but just Bryan is still okay in my book.
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler
Adam Fenric
Serena Maxwell

Postby DJS » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:46 pm

"Paul...say something stupid."
Dysfunctional
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member

Postby Dysfunctional » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Check this shit out!

Return to “Wrestling Chat”