The "General WWE/Wrestling Spoilers" Thread

Whether it's what's Best for Business or...whatever TNA's doing, discuss wrestling here!
Novak84

Re: The "General WWE/Wrestling Spoilers" Thread

Postby Novak84 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:18 pm

I apologise. I blame the Steve-wisers. Yes it's a real thing sold at the event. Was great. If weak as shit.

To be fair, I guess he would never be able to retire until it was broken, and leaner since 2010 was hand picked as the breaker.

If the possible sting v taker happens at WM31 it could be the Battle of the Class 2015. I can see both being inducted.

But this is definite best WM in a very long time. I was just upset that something that had been the talk oft he wrestling world for over 2 decades had ended.

Head of

THE STREAK
3-0
Maddog, Joe Delonge, Blake Jones

IT'S NOT SAD TO BE MAD.
DGX
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby DGX » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Great show honestly. And for all the fuss about the Streak ending, people are overshadowing that Brock and Taker actually put together a very good story in the ring together. Honestly, I mean from a realism perspective I'm glad Brock won. Because let's be real, in a legit fight Brock would annihilate that ish. But in a business like pro wrestling where you book talent to present a certain product in a certain light, the Streak offered a rare marketing opportunity for an emerging talent. Do it dirty? You're the top heel in the business overnight ALA my WWE video game MITB cash in with DGX after Taker beat Edge for the world title at one of the Manias. Do it legit? You have a credibility and an accolade NO MAN can equal.

So for Brock Lesnar to be the man to break it, Brock is already an ultra accomplished athlete and a strong product all by himself. Div 1 NCAA wrestling champion, youngest WWE champion in history at one point beating the Rock four short months into his pro wrestling career, and knocked out one of the greatest heavyweights in cage fighting history in his third career fight and winning a UFC title. Fact: during his tenure with UFC, Brock Lesnar was the single biggest PPV draw that promotion ever enjoyed in it's history to that point. A well established, polished, proven product. Simply put, he did not remotely NEED the Streak to increase his stock. He's at best a part timer with a X number of fights contract, and I'll be real I don't anticipate him being a full time talent or having a big run as a champion anytime in the near future. Simply because I don't think he's interested in it. Someone in a position in WWE like Roman Reigns is at the present time is the type of person who that accolade should have been used on.

Honestly I've said it since 2005 and I maintain it. Randy Orton at the place he was at in his career and where the Undertaker was in his career would have been the ideal time to use that carrot. Not to say it didn't work out for both anyhow but the win would've meant more and helped catapult Orton to another level of stardom earlier than he attained it.

Dan Bennett: And at first I smiled and just said; "Sweetheart, it's because most people are losers and have little loser babies."
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

Postby DJS » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:45 pm

So I've just finished NXT: Revolution...man.

NXT is the best wrestling product out there. Like, for real. In terms of wrestling and overall presentation, nothing even compares. There's a main title that people care about, debuts are built up to properly and they fucking deliver. There's continuity!

Kevin Owens? Delivered. Neville vs. Zayn? Delivered.

Finn Balor? Coolest motherfucker in WWE.

Best show of the entire year. 10/10
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:58 am

DJS wrote:So I've just finished NXT: Revolution...man.

NXT is the best wrestling product out there. Like, for real. In terms of wrestling and overall presentation, nothing even compares. There's a main title that people care about, debuts are built up to properly and they fucking deliver. There's continuity!

Agreed. Let's not forget Itami, the Vaudevillains, and Charlotte and Sasha Banks having a solid match. All of WWE's best matches and workers are in NXT
Declan

Postby Declan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:42 am

Finn Balor's make up got the crowd chanting before the match could even begin. His make up and theatrics really wow'd the fans... Not to mention that Sami Zayn finally earned the thing that matters most. WWE has really risen their game with the NXT Superstars.
The Gimmick Killer LIVES!
The ONLY Gladiatorial Champion that Matters

Danger Liam
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Danger Liam » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:38 pm

DJS wrote:So I've just finished NXT: Revolution...man.

Before you throw that around (not that i disagree completely because NXT is hands down the best thing in the WWE) you should check out Progress wrestling, the have a few free shows to watch on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it2coTptmlM
styg

Postby styg » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:38 am

WrestleKingdom 9 was the first full non-Chikara wrestling show I've watched since at least before SummerSlam (I definitely watched Payback... I can't remember whether I watched MitB this year). The opening tag fourway, Sakuraba vs Suzuki and Okada vs Tanahashi were all great matches, and I'l admit I was sceptical on seeing Okada vs Tanahashi for the millionth time. And Kota's my boy. He always puts on a good match I enjoyed his despite not being a Shinsuke fan. But still... it didn't excite me the way it seemed to excite everyone else. I don't regret watching it, but I don't feel like I'd have missed anything if I hadn't. I waver in and out of how much I get into wrestling, but I think my days of being a hardcore fan are definitely over.
19W|4D|6L
Hardcore Champion x3 | Gladiatorial Champion | World Heavyweight Champion | first Supreme Champion
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

Postby DJS » Fri May 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Am I the only guy that thinks GFW looks like a really generic E-Fed?
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
Alex_Krull

Postby Alex_Krull » Fri May 22, 2015 9:49 pm

I think Jeff knows no one will hire him so he takes his balls and creates his own wrestling federations.
The funny thing is they are full of his "friends" and burnouts that no one else will also hire or likes working with.

The generic e-fed I hadn't thought about it but makes me laugh my ass off, they are trying to hard to make it belivebale.
:wgaf: Alex & Kristine Krull :wgaf:
:stongue: Join the #PushKrull movement :stongue:
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Sat May 23, 2015 3:53 am

I'd pay to see it. Even if it's based off of morbid curiosity

Return to “Wrestling Chat”