Friends In Big Time Wrestling?

The official board for the View From The Top Rope podcast (hosted by Chad, Diesel and JR) and a place for discussion about ALL of professional wrestling!
XxChronoTrigxX
Supreme XWA Champion
Supreme XWA Champion

Friends In Big Time Wrestling?

Postby XxChronoTrigxX » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:05 am

Sooooo.....I was looking at some wrestling highlights and videos and came across one that shocked me. So I have a friend name Tamara and she was on Impact Wrestling as Hania The Huntress. So very weird and crazy to me. Anyone here have something like that happen??

Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Dan Bennett

Re: Friends In Big Time Wrestling?

Postby Dan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:24 am

Not necessarily BIG time wrestling, but I have a friend I met through the oldest XWA, circa 2004-2005, that played as Bob Jolly. He's now a paramedic by day, referee by night for a local wrestling company around where he lives called River City Championship Wrestling.
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Aki Yasuko

Postby DJS » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:39 am

Feel like I'm cheating by being here.

Only been at it a few months but I've met a select few off the British scene now. T-Bone and James Drake from the WWE UK tournament and Progress are both pretty sound. T-Bone rents out rings and stuff so he's at a lot of shows. Also know Ashton Smith, who's one half of the ICW Tag Team Champs with Rampage Brown. I met Zack Gibson briefly. He's friendly and he laughed at my shit joke so he's a good egg as far as I'm concerned. I know Lana Austin and I keep seeing someone on EFed Twitter using her as a pic-base and it's very surreal.

Other than that, I've got lots of second-hand 'friend of friends' at this point. I know someone who speaks to Matt Riddle all the time and another who's met Toni Storm a few times, for example.

Also the guy who's training me has wrestled Pete Dunne, Mark Andrews, Will Ospreay, Jack Gallagher and almost anyone you can think of off the BritWres scene.
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
Michael Swift
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member

Postby Michael Swift » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:43 pm

Chris Jericho did a couple of shows at my dad's old workplace, The Miz took some classes there as well. Not fair to say friends but I got to hang out with both while I was in high school.
styg
Characters Handled: Yo mama
Also your da

Postby styg » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:19 am

Tamara/Hania also used to wrestle for Chikara and WSU under the name Saturyne, with a mask.

A friend of mine who's started wrestling, someone I fedhead for in fact, was recently an extra on NXT, which is pretty great.

As for me, the only famous wrestlers I've ever even directly interacted with were Corey Graves (brief phone conversation, courtesy of a mutual friend) and Johnny Gargano (random AIM conversation about geography, again courtesy of that same friend), both something like 9 years ago now probably. Johnny was lovely. Corey was drunk as balls. I recently found out though that the town I currently live in happens to be Zack Gibson's hometown, and that he and James Drake have a wrestling school here, so who knows, maybe I'll bump into GYV in the queue at Morrisons. XD
19W|5D|6L
Hardcore Champion x3 | Gladiatorial Champion | World Heavyweight Champion | first Supreme Champion
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy

Return to “View From The Top Rope”