DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Aki Yasuko
Amy Taylor

PILEDRIVER AWARDS 2015: Nomination Thread

Postby DJS » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:17 am

What? Did you really think we weren't doing this again this year?

Yes, it's Legends season and with that we get into the nominations for this year's annual XWA Piledriver Awards! In the past, we've awarded these to those most deserving and this year will be no different. But as with everything else in XWA it's not about what we think, it comes down to one thing and that is....you. Yes it is down to YOU to decide the nominees for all the catagories. It doesn't matter how old or new you are, ANYONE can nominate.

1. Most Valuable Player

2. Most Creative Roleplayer

3. Best Promo (Promo of the Year)
(Provide a link as well so we can actually read what you're putting forward)

4. Best Match (Match of the Year)
(Same here)

5. Best Storyline (Storyline of the Year)

6. Best Single Moment

7. Best Face

8. Best Heel

9. Best Feud

10. Best New Talent

11. Best Finisher

Things to bare in mind:
- The calendar year starts from LAST YEAR'S Legends to Pathway to Destiny. You can nominate anything/one that happened over that time.
- Before anyone asks, yes you can vote for your own stuff...
Need catching up on the current Runaways/Final story arc going into Legends? Look here!
PrinceAlexIII

Re: PILEDRIVER AWARDS 2015: Nomination Thread

Postby PrinceAlexIII » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:09 pm

Scarface for New Talent Of The Year.
Jericho Shaw for heel of the year.
Smith Jones for face of the year.
Best Feud: Smith Jones Vs Jericho Shaw
Best Single moment: Declan James crowned first gladitorial champ.
Best Finisher: Scarface's Spear
Best Match: Jericho Shaw Vs Smith Jones
Best Promo: N/A
Most Creative Roleplayer: Jericho Shaw aka Canadian
Most Valuable Player: Canadian
XWA ALL TIME ACHIEVEMENTS.

1X Hardcore Champion (FORMER)
Razer
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Razer » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:17 pm

The following nominations are for the period of time when I have been here up until this recent PPV. I will be nominating multiple people for some categories to add a larger scope, and where appropriate, I will state my reasoning/logic as to why I have put the nominations forward.

1. Most Valuable Player
Smith Jones - In terms of activity and consistency, he is invaluable to XWA.
DJS - He keeps the board running. Without him, where is XWA?
Dan - Much like DJS, he helps run this place and he is rather helpful.

Jericho Shaw - It takes skill and a creative mind to maintain such a long run of matches without a loss.
Laurel Ann Hardy - her promos/segments are beautifully worked and very insightful and match wise, its a very interesting style they use.
Smith Jones - He knows how to write a big spot.
Razer - Self Nomination here - People have commented on my use of unique/rare finishes when they have been used. People have praised the use of the manager character who actually has meaning, personality and purpose instead of them being a token airhead eye-candy ring side accompaniment. I'm also unbeaten

Motions: http://www.xwabattlezone.com/XWA/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=6177
^ Smith Jones/Bella Quinn/Razer.

Sick: http://www.xwabattlezone.com/XWA/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=6309
^ Laurel

The Midas Torch: http://www.xwabattlezone.com/XWA/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=6286
^ Jericho Shaw/Derrick Jedi

Lord of the Ring Finale: http://www.xwabattlezone.com/XWA/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=6218

Smith Jone's pursuit of the world title.

6. Best Single Moment
Derrick Jedi's hall of fame acceptance speech.

7. Best Face
Smith Jones - He is the only real active face with depth behind him who is actually fully active right now and with some serious momentum behind him.

8. Best Heel
Razer & Bella Quinn - I'm nominating myself here because quite simply. In the short time I have been here, I've made a big impact, caught a few people's eyes and have a few fans of my work here.
Jericho Shaw - The champ is a heel, the champ is the best in the fed given the fact he holds the top title. Logic explains it all.

9. Best Feud
Smith Jones vs DJS

10. Best New Talent
Razer (& Bella Quinn) - Unbeaten in singles matches as of this moment in time (16th March 2015)
Laurel - I can vouch for how great Laurel is given I made my debut with them. I have high praise for Laurel.

11. Best Finisher
The Kingslayer (Jericho Shaw) - Its effective and it does the job it is required to do.
Omega Driver (Dan) - big move for big circumstances
Last Walk In The Light (Razer) - Self Nomination.This list needs a powerbomb. I have a very effective powerbomb.
Gogoplata (Declan) - I like the move despite not being a fan of submissions at all. It is a very simple and effective technique which reminds me of my martial arts years.

There... Nice wide range of nominations, links provided so people can read and reasons why because I like to say why i do stuffs

XWA Record (WDL): 8-0-1
Gladiatorial Champion (Won at XWA Massacre: Lords and Gods [30th January show date] - ?????)
styg
Characters Handled: Yo mama
Also your da

Postby styg » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:43 am

Nominating The Doors of Perception for finisher because EFF YOU ALL.

More to come later. XD
19W|5D|6L
Hardcore Champion x3 | Gladiatorial Champion | World Heavyweight Champion | first Supreme Champion
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy
Declan

Postby Declan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:16 am

MVP: Smith Jones - My minor feud with him and the meteoric rise to being Lord of the Ring is what fuels my nomination of Smitty into the MVP slot. He's been evolving up, and I wouldn't think I would beat him if I had to face him now.
Most Creative Roleplayer: DJS/Maxwell/Lady Whisper - Someone has to be this creative to bring all things together like this. Make the top look real, and help the midcard rise to the top. And even with the end of Sara Michaels, you made a real vivid image in my head with each promo. I think you've earned it.
Match of the Year: Declan James vs. Prince Alex III in a Kiss My Ass Match
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=6063#p44521
- Though this is a shameless self-nom, I believe this shows the true epitome of what XWA is all about. The Gimmick Killer vs. a Gimmick User getting battered then taking out the Asskickers and getting PA3 to kiss Declan's bare buttcheeks. This is the win of all wins.

More coming soon....
The Gimmick Killer LIVES!
The ONLY Gladiatorial Champion that Matters

DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Aki Yasuko
Amy Taylor

Postby DJS » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:01 pm

Still got this show to nominate, guys! I'll be leaving this open until Road to Legends Part III and then it'll go to the actual voting stages.

Guess I'll put in a few nominations, too.

1. Most Valuable Player
I'm nominating Smith Jones. He's always around, he lends an immense help and he's basically stepped up over the past year and become the top face. We're in a very different position to last year, our roster is actually entirely different. Smith Jones was the guy that said "me. I'll be your top guy" and he's really taken it by the balls.

Nomination here goes to Laurel Anne Hardy. Generally female characters in E-Fedding aren't seen as very prominent parts of the fed. Seen as a nice little excuse to use a female picbase and have it in your sig. They'll either be some "Bitch In Charge" character or generic or some sexed up idea of a woman which is not how they would act in real life at all. Or a lesbian for no reason. And then we get Laurel Anne Hardy who as a character just doesn't give a FUCK about any of that at all. Quirky and interesting, she's the coolest Hardcore Champ we've had in a while if I do say so myself.

"Sick"- Laurel Anne Hardy
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=6309

As far as I'm concerned, this is Laurel's Austin 3:16 promo.

Jericho Shaw vs. Smith Jones- Hardcore Renaissance

Honestly, I want to at least have a nomination the DJS heel turn. I feel after several years of being one of the most consistent babyfaces in the company, to basically expose Jack as someone who's actually been an insecure, manipulative malcontent this whole time who created an "Innovator of Anarchy" persona to get ahead and then give him control of the company was a bold move. And it's ongoing. Week by week, he gets worse.

6. Best Single Moment
Jack Jackson Jr. wins the XWA World Heavyweight Championship and becomes Jericho Shaw.

7. Best Face
Smith Jones. Do I really have to explain why?

8. Best Heel
Jericho Shaw. I both hate AND love Shaw the character for a plethora of reasons,

9. Best Feud

10. Best New Talent
Razer/Bella Quinn. Funny thing- I was chatting to Ace a few nights ago following his return to the XWA and talking about that, and he said "oh by the way, you're welcome for Razer" and I knew exactly what he meant. PRW exports are always brilliant here in XWA- heck we've got two of them going into the HOF this year- and Razer is no exception. He's been fantastic and Bella Quinn is a great addition to the character.

11. Best Finisher
Kingslayer
Need catching up on the current Runaways/Final story arc going into Legends? Look here!

Return to “Piledriver Awards 2015”