WINNER TAKES ALL - Shaw vs. Razer vs. Hardy!

Matches that occurred on our 2015 Winner Takes All Pay Per View!
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Re: WINNER TAKES ALL - Shaw vs. Razer vs. Hardy!

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:24 am

I think it'd be okay to give this a 24 hour voting extension.
Alex_Krull

Postby Alex_Krull » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:21 am

I'll post tonight... Sorry got very little reading with wedding planning and all
:wgaf: Alex & Kristine Krull :wgaf:
:stongue: Join the #PushKrull movement :stongue:
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Diamond Jack Sabbath
Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Serena Maxwell

Postby DJS » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:44 pm

This match deserves way more votes, guys.
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:27 pm

If necessary by tomorrow, I'll cast a tie-breaking vote.
Alex_Krull

Postby Alex_Krull » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:52 pm

Razer had a story to tell, a personal story of sweat and blood which was awesome but it failed on the finish, Razer needed to finish of Shaw by pinning him (now thinking out cold this was a start of a great feud).

Laurel wrote a match which was her regular quality of great, it felt real.

Shaw Wrote another great match but the finish didn't deliver the goods, the problem was that bribe that made it look weak.

With that in mind and a lot of pondering my vote goes to:
LAUREL!!! Main reason is... she wrote a match.

On a personal note:
I would love to see where Laurel takes this, maybe some ultra hardcore legend (someone at the level of Foley) could return and tell Laurel she is not a real Hardcore Queen and teach her a lesson or two in a huge ass brawl that takes her to her limits come out winning and a little bit more damaged when the rematch happens.

Razer needs to go on with his feud on the next PPV with Shaw and NOW it can explode 'cus Razer cost him the match and all... Hell in Cell maybe and then the winner gets a rematch for the championship in an I Quit Match.

PS. Updated it from my PC for better quality
Canadian
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Canadian » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:13 am

History is written by the winners, that’s what they say right?

They only love you while you’re on top of the world.

Should I write a speech, and say something? Does anybody besides me actually care? It’s difficult for me to write this five minutes before my undefeated streak officially ends. Am I salty? A little, but that’s okay. For about two years, I’ve dedicated myself on this adventure, I’ve met some great people in this game and some people that I genuinely call friends of mine. What I felt like, as that final vote came in is that it my aura of invincibility all came crashing down and that the honeymoon was over. Time to go home Tell, you’re a loser. I got really angry today, maybe more angry than I should have and I grieved. I blamed every single thing under the sun for this loss, but in the end, my piece of work wasn’t the best and I accept this. Grief is a really weird set of emotions and it was an interesting experience going through them today.

I have reflected honestly on this experience, and from the last two years and twenty three matches, I reminisced about the whole journey and if this is how has it to end then so be it. Every great story, comes to an end, a good ending is integral to a piece of work, and sometimes...just sometimes the hero needs to win. This isn't my Jericho Shaw suicide note, in fact it's quite the opposite. The purpose of this is not to blame anyone person in particular, or lash out and say things I'll regret later but to congratulate Sam on a hard fought victory. He really busted his ass in this match, and I’m happy that the last chapter of my undefeated story is the opening chapter of Laurel Anne Hardy’s inaugural XWA World Heavyweight Championship run.

Congratulations Sam, you win.

I really mean this and I look forward to seeing where your story goes.

The King is Dead, Long Live the Queen.

Jericho Shaw.

23-1

It'd be a nice little oddity if one day he somehow won the world title- Diamond Jack Sabbath
You gotta admit, JJJ turning heel out of nowhere would be the rage of rages.- Drake Dysfunction
Razer
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Razer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:05 pm

Well, what a match this was.

It's a shame not to have received any votes in the second ppv I have headlined here in XWA, but what can you do eh? Things happen, you learn from them and move on. The board have crowned their new champion and its now up to everyone to first congratulate laurel and then try to take her new bling from her.

It's also the end of another record, all be it, a personal one. This is the first triple threat title match I have lost since I started doing this in 1999, so yeah, you killed THE Streak and you proved that I might not be as proficient in my speciality match type as I once thought I was.

Congratulations Laurel, you earned it.

Snoops and Tempy, thank you very much for the detailed and honest feedback. Maybe next time I might do something to swing it in your favour.

Jericho - It's only just beginning with us. Your streak is over, mine is still on 8-)

Laurel - Heavy is the head that wears the crown. Jericho might now want to slay the queen, but there's an army waiting at her door... The question is, who will get there first?

I'll see you all on the massacre after the next one... Raz and Bella have some time off planned (and another title defense elsewhere!)

XWA Record (WDL): 8-0-1
Gladiatorial Champion (Won at XWA Massacre: Lords and Gods [30th January show date] - ?????)
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Diamond Jack Sabbath
Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Serena Maxwell

Postby DJS » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:40 pm

Absolutely fantastic. I'm going to use this match on future when people say match writing can't be exciting.

Well done to all of you on this. I'm so impressed by what we've done.
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
Alex_Krull

Postby Alex_Krull » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:52 pm

I feel bad about being the guy who voted to break the streak... I'm gonna go hide under a rock.
Canadian
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Canadian » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:42 pm

There is no rock big enough.

See you this week. ;)

It'd be a nice little oddity if one day he somehow won the world title- Diamond Jack Sabbath
You gotta admit, JJJ turning heel out of nowhere would be the rage of rages.- Drake Dysfunction

Return to “Winner Takes All (PPV)”