[VOTE] XWA Massacre MAIN EVENT #40: Angelica Vaughn vs. Vespertine - WORLD TV TITLE!

Lx-Tim has major news, Vespertine challenges Angelica Vaughn for the World Television Championship, Albion Gale faces Joey Miles, and we give people presents and tell them they're special.
RevolutionJones
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member
Characters Handled: A.J. Morales
Hyphy Machinery (Dontell Porter & Jason Moana)

[VOTE] XWA Massacre MAIN EVENT #40: Angelica Vaughn vs. Vespertine - WORLD TV TITLE!

Postby RevolutionJones » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:22 am

Give me presents! Tell me I'm special! It's...

LIVE! From the XWA BattleZone in Chicago, Illinois (1500 Capacity)
Broadcast exclusively on The Xperience!

The Main Event:
XWA World Television Championship!

ImageImageImage

Angelica Vaughn (c) vs. Vespertine

After surviving a triple threat onslaught at Legends from Smith Jones and Dom Harter, Angelica Vaughn walks into 2019 still holding the XWA Television title and hoping to extend what's already been a long and successful reign. Meanwhile, although Vespertine came up short against Sarah Lacklan at the Hardcore Invitational, she continues to threaten for gold, as a victory over Kaida Kagome on the last Massacre of 2018 put her first in line for Angie's title.

With the Asian Invasion making her bitter feelings towards the two champion Cool Kids known, will that translate into another upset win in our main event? Or will the Vaughnemous One start 2019 on a high note by winning the first XWA main event of the year? Tune in to the Xperience and find out!

WORD COUNT:

--------
Deadline for matches is JANUARY 9TH, 2019 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
Voting will start at this time and conclude on JANUARY 14TH, 2019 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
[CST is one hour earlier. GMT is five hours later.]
Vespertine
Characters Handled: Vespertine

Re: XWA Massacre MAIN EVENT: Angelica Vaughn vs. Vespertine - WORLD TV TITLE!

Postby Vespertine » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:09 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adliv__Rzjg, play while reading
(The camera cuts to shot of Tempest and Mark Sanction looking at their notes.)

Tempest: Welcome back folks. We have quite a match coming up.

Mark Sanction: Almost like good vs. evil. Funny vs. serious.

(As if on cue....)

(the sound of a Japanese flute starts out playing quietly over the loudspeakers and the lights go down. The Tron comes up and we see two armies standing face to face on a battlefield. The flute plays louder and quicker and the camera on the Tron gets closer to the two armies. The camera cuts scene...)

Tempest:
Speak of the devil.

Mark:
Or succubus as the case may be. I love her entrance but I think she was off the mark in her entrance at Legends,

Tempest:
How do you figure?

Mark Sanction:
Stealing from Emery Layton.

Tempest:
Not really. She put her own spin on it. I liked the doublebloons, the sunglasses and Kelly Sweet's version of "In the air tonight".

Mark:
Sure, that was good. But she stole Emery's tricorner hat. You can't steal another girl's hat like that. The nerve!

(The camera cuts back to a scene of two armies. The Japanese flute plays louder. Both armies are huge and are an army of shogun, ronin, and samurai. As the army walks forward a single figure comes into view and emerges from the line and climbs up onto a boulder. The figure raises their sword and as one the entire army stops. The camera goes over their shoulder and we see the other army standing as a wall in the distance. The figure/leader takes off their helmet and long black hair tumbles out from it and flows all around, sometimes waving and weaving in places where the wind catches it. The figure turns and looks at the army behind her and we see it is Vespertine. She raises her sword and roars in fury. Camera cuts scene and the Japanese flute stops. Japanese drums start beating rapidly at march rhythem...)

(camera cuts back to scene of her army raising their own swords and shouting in fury. The camera pans back quickly and she does the motion of "go forward" with her sword and the camera pans up and we see her entire army run forward to join in the fray below and clash with the wall of men below them. The camera then cuts to various shots of her wrestling as she makes her way to the ring...)

Mark Sanction:
Steel says her intro is way too long. Do you think?

Tempest:
That it's too long? No way! A good entrance builds suspense and makes everyone wait for the arrival of the person they hate or love. I kind of prefer long entrances because you can change it up however you want. Short ones make you think inside the box too much.

(The drums fade and "Undefeated" starts up and a single spotlight in the arena come up and we see Vespertine standing at the top of the ramp. One arm is raised and she is standing facing the entrance curtains. She spins around rather quickly and at the end of the turn she points at the audience where upon a couple of pyros go off on each side of her. She stands at the top of the ramp looking around at the audience. Then suddenly she reaches her hands out to them as if to encompass their souls and fire pillar pyros go off behind her. She saunters on down to the ring, stepping in time to the music. She wears black wrestling shorts, a gold wrestling sports top which reveals her midriff and abs, black wrestling boots with furr, her black trenchcoat duster and black sunglasses. She slides in underneathe the ropes, takes off her sunglasses and looks around at various spots in the audience with a narrow feral cat like look in her eyes and slightly licks her lips. She has on blue eyeliner. She slowly gets up and looks around. At a point in the song she jumps, spreads her arms out and lands in a cross pattern where upon at each corner of the ring, showers of golden sparks come flying out. As this goes on, she screams at the top of her lungs. She then looks around, and takes off her trenchcoat duster and sunglasses and and gives it to a person outside the ring and goes to sit on the turnbuckle facing the ring entrance until the match starts.

Tempest:
New, Impressive.

Hana Ramirez:
From San Francisco, Ca, coming in at 5'4 inches, she is the Asian Invasion, Vespertine!!!!!

Mark Sanction:
By the way did you see her new podcast?

Tempest:
Yeah..

Mark:
What did you think?

Tempest:
What should I think? Very disrespectful. And then to post it on Twitter. The girl is not only deluded but deranged. Possibly looking for or has a deathwish amongst her peers. Here I thought Serena had a problem. Why what did you think?

Mark:
Yeah.... that.

(Then...)

VAUGHNEMOUS
No, I won't give in
I won’t give in
'till I'm victorious
And I will defend
I will defend!

(The crowd explodes into song and cheers. She walks out from behind the curtains wearing gold and silver. Angelica Vaughn illuminates the entire Battlezone as an overhead spotlight focuses on her. She stops and spreads her arms wide as if taking in the reactions from the crowd. She has her silver title belt draped over her shoulder. From somewhere Sarah Lacklan appears and joins Angelica at the top of the ramp. Angelica steps forward to the top of the ramp, takes the Television Championship and holds it up with one hand. She blows kisses at the audience and then stares daggers at Vespertine who is looking intensely right back at her.)

Tempest:
Yep, I didn't think Angelica would take too kindly to her in their first one on one. I think Vespertine woke a tiger and she isn't a tiger she'll be able to play with. Angelica isn't like that.

Hana Ramierez
“And her opponent. Standing tall at…”

Crowd
“FIVE FOOT TEN BAYBAYYYY!”

(Angelica smiles brightly upon hearing the crowd shout out her height, as she and Sarah make their way to the ring. She slides into the ring and once again raises her title with one hand and points at various places in the audience. She then stands with it raised over her head and stares directly at Vespertine. Vespertine gets off the turnbuckle and gets into battle mode. She goes forward to stand nose to....well... jawline next to Angelica. There is a significant height difference between the two ladies. Sarah starts talking smack right at Vespertine but she ignores it, staying in battle mode.)

Hana Ramierez
“Hailing from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada; she is the XWA World television… the one, the only, the Vaughnemous One! Angelica! VAUUUGHN!”

(Angie smiles as her name is mentioned, her pearly whites as bright as the overhead lights. She then goes back to staring down at her diminutive opponent. Vespertine doesn't even look phased as she looks up at hers. The two look ready to get it on and you can effectively cut the tension with a knife.)

Tempest:
Oh man, both women look ready to tear into each other. Angelica has never said a bad word about Vespertine but Vespertine has never shown any respect for her either so I see why. This maybe a one sided match.

Mark:
Why? Because of what Vespertine said on Twitter? Because of how she feels about Angelica? So fucking what? Those were just words and one woman's opinion. If Angelica gets mad over what was said about her, then Vespertine has already half won.

Tempest:
But what about-

Mark:
What she said on Twitter? Do you believe anything you read on Twitter or Facebook or Myspace or Pinterest? Just one person's opinion. Let it go. Temp. Let it go.

(Angelica hands the title to the referee as tries to force the two women to back off. After another moment of intense staring and Sarah shouting obscenties at anybody who will hear her. Angelica and Vespertine back off, go to their corners and await the start of the match. The bell finally dings and from the get go, both women charge each other and we can tell there is no love loss between them as it becomes a straight up brawl.)

Tempest:
Not a good sign when it starts off as a straight up street fight between two women. But then Vespertine did have it coming. The way she has been talking smack about Angelica.

Mark:
Well both women can take what the other can give. I hope both of them are up for it tonight, they both came off big matches at Legends. A hardcore match for Vespertine and a triple threat match for Angelica.

Tempest:
That was two months ago.

Mark:
You and I have been in the ring before, we know how long wounds from those types of matches take to heal.

(Each of them shoot out with wicked right hooks, evil left jabs and dangerous throat strikes. This goes on for a minute before Angelica kicks her in the midsection and as she doubles over, Angie runs the ropes, rebounds off and executes a perfect scissors kick to the back of Vespertine's head. Vesy goes down hard and Angie is quick to cover her. The referee gets into position.)

(Kick out as Vespertine pulls her shoulder up at the last second.)

Tempest:
I knew that was too soon for Angelica to cover her. The match has only just started. She needs to do a lot more than that for it to work.

(Angelica realizes this, gets to her feet, pulls Vespertine up by the hair and tries to fling her across the ring but Vespertine rolls through and ends up in a squat with one arm on the mat, one arm straight out, right next to the ring ropes. As Vesper stands up, Angelica charges trying for a clothesline. Vespertine falls back into a sort of evasion type of move and after Angelica rebounds off the ropes she suddenly stops and looks down at Vespertine who looks like a backwards spider. Angelica strikes downward... but misses. The look of shock on her face runs the gamut of emotions from shock to denial that she missed to frustration. In the quick blink of an eye, Vespertine has flattened herself to the mat and Angelica came within inches of her throat. Then she rolls out of the way. Angelica recovers and follows her. She stops as Vespertine rolls out of the ring.)

Tempest:
Smart move there. If she stopped rolling, Angelica would've been all over her. Not that, that's a bad thing. Angelica needs to put Vespertine in her place.

Mark:
Not saying I don't agree with you but can we forget the fact that she said it on Twitter, she got into your head, now you hate her but we have all seen the way she operates. Half of her work is already done the moment she gets inside your head. Isn't that what Smith Jones used to do too? Just not in podcast form. In fact she tried to do it to Jones on his own show and it damn near worked.

Tempest:
True.

(Angelica turns around to walk to the center of the ring but Vespertine, being the minx that she is, grabs her ankle to try and trip her up. It doesn't work, just annoys her. Angelica turns around to confront her. Sarah however, sees this opportunity to jump on the ring apron and yell at the referee about the lack of ring work Vespertine is doing. He goes over to argue with her. This is the moment that Vespertine wanted. When Angelica reaches down to swipe at Vespertine, Vespertine grabs her arm, yanks down hard. Angelica gets the full pressure of the ring rope. The pain that it caused, causes her to stagger back and hold her shoulder. She doesn't see that Vespertine has rolled into the ring. Vee doesn't charge ironically. She looks to be sizing things up. As Angelica wanders around holding her arm and Sarah is arguing with the referee, she waits for just the right moment. She charges, leaps, flies and connects with a flying dropkick to Angie's chest which causes her to stagger back and bump into the referee who is by now almost nose to nose with Sarah. They bump heads and Sarah falls to the arena floor almost unconscious. The referee falls back into the ring out cold. Angelica goes to the ring ropes to look at Vespertine's handiwork. Sarah is rolling around on the floor holding her head. Ms. Vaughn tries to get outside the ring ropes, but Vespertine pulls her back in and executes a European uppercut right to her jaw. Angie staggers around, holding her jaw, then Vespertine assists her by grabbing her hand and whipping her towards the corner post. She slams hard into the post and turns around slowly. Vespertine motions for someone at the entrance and almost immediately Witch comes through the curtains. As Vesey goes to choke her out, Witch follows and helps to hold her down.)

Tempest:
Well this has taken a decidedly different turn. Damn her, I can't fault her for measuring her dropkick up right but I can damn her for what she is doing now. Bitch!

Mark:
I wish I could cheer for her but I can't condone what she is doing now.

Tempest:
2 steps forward, 20 steps backward.

(Witch lets go of Angie and helps Vespertine prop her against the corner post. She then slides out of the ring. Vesie climbs up to the second rope, staddles Vaughn and starts to give her mean right hooks. Half of the audience boos but a lot more go through the count with her. At 8, Vespertine pauses to hype the crowd up and this gives Vaughn enough of a break to grab hold of Vee's wrestling trunks and then slam her down to the canvas in a powerbomb move. This gives her time to recover as Vespertine lays staring at the ceiling unmoving and unseeing. As Angie leans against the corner post she knows that's not enough to take her down. She won't give up. She will damn well try and defend her belt for the sake of her fans and to spite Vespertine. She is as her song says: "She won't give in, she won't give up, she will defend." And she will against this bitch of an opponent. She finally shakes off the cobwebs amd comes back to reality as Sarah has come to and jumps back on the apron handing out verbal expletives at all those around her. Angie picks Vesey up and whips her towards the ropes. She tries a big boot but Vespertine drops and rolls, jumps up, runs the opposite direction, rebounds off the ropes and attempts a step up enzigurai which Angelica wasn't expecting and drops hard to the mat. Vespertine turns around and blows Sarah a kiss which enrages her all the more. Sarah tries to go through the ropes but the referee is there to stop her. As soon as the referee turns back around to continue the match, Vespertine, winds up and savate kicks Sarah in the jaw which causes her to straighten up and fall backwards to the arena floor. The referee sees the tail end of this move and admonishes Vespy about it.)

Mark:
Can't say that she hasn't scouted these two fully this match. She is getting under Sarah's skin. Taste of her own medicine?

Tempest:
Hardly. But that was a savage kick and now it's two on one.

(While the referee is busy chewing Vespertine a new one, Witch goes over, picks Angelica up, executes a throat thrust and as Angelica goes down, Witch rolls out to stand on the outside of the apron to watch over Sarah. Vespertine goes over to Angie, gets on top of her to straddle her and try to choke her out. Angelica isn't having any of it, as Vespertine gets down on one knee, Angelica strikes and pokes her in the eye.)

Tempest:
Well that gave her a little bit of time but it came from Angelica. One has to ask: is Sarah rubbing off on her? She has stated that she doesn't like to cheat but what was that?

Mark:
Maybe she had to do that because she knows who she is fighting. Or how many she is fighting against. I mean this is Vespertine we are talking about here. As wiley as they come and as vicious as Kaida. Almost.

Tempest:
Almost?

Mark:
Almost

(Vespertine staggers around the ring, holding her eye. She calls the referee over and has him stop the match to look at her eye. She indicates that she has something in her eye. Angelica has none of it though, she pushes the referee out of the way, grabs Vespertine by the sides of the head, then flings her across the ring. Before she can do so though, Vespertine strikes and hits a throat thrust.)

Tempest:
Well if this keeps up, she won't be talking for a while. What is that? Like the fourth one this match. Damn! And she is still going? Good on her.

(As Vespertine seizes the opportunity, Angelica sees hers and charges, executing a perfect bicycle kick....right to the jaw of Vespertine. She goes down like a ton of bricks. Angelica covers her but Tickles is still shaking off the cobwebs from the hit earlier with Sarah. He finally sees Angelica covering Vespertine and goes over to count. It's long and slow but still it's official.

(At 2, Vespertine kicks out. Angelica gets up and raises her arms above her head to try and work up the crowd. Most of the audience cheers her as she does so. Vespertine rolls and gets to her knees and just watches as Angelica does this. She has a smirk on her face which gets wider as Angelica turns around. Both get the same idea and both go for a collar and elbow tie up. For a minute neither gains the advantage. Then, Angelica being the bigger of the two, starts to back Vespertine into the corner. Vespertine breaks but Angelica doesn't let go. The referee gets in between them to break it up as Vespertine puts her hands in the air. Angelica backs up to the middle of the ring but Vespertine launches herself up to the top corner post. Angie sees this and charges. Before Vespertine can get herself situated on the top rope, Angie "bumps" her and she falls and staddles the top turnbuckle, hitting her groin in the process. Angie doesn't even have to climb the ropes, she is at Ves's head level, so she just starts to pound on her with the audience counting in the background. Angie stops for a quick second to give herself some air. This is the exactly the opportune moment that Vespertine needs. When Angelica stops her onslaught, she stands and launches and executes a perfect Overcastle. Both hit the ground hard but Vespertine breaks her groggy reverie and slowly crawls over to cover her. At 2 though, Angelica kicks out. Mostly on instinct.)

Mark:
Wow! That's a move I haven't seen in a long time. Kudos on her for pulling it off after that ground and pound Ms. Vaughn did.

Tempest:
I don't remember seeing that in her move list? How in the hell did she pull that off?

Mark:
She improves and improvises. Like any good wrestler. I mean you and I have done it too at one time or another.

(Sarah jumps up on the apron to shout at the referee that that move was illegal. Witch does the same but no shouting comes from her. She is only there to see that Sarah doesn't interfere. Meanwhile both women are up at the same time. Angelica tries the high road approach and puts her hand out to have Vespertine shake it. Vespertine raises an eyebrow and looks at the hand. Again, Angelica indicates she wants to shake hands. Vesperine shrugs and does so. Nothing happens. Everyone in the entire arena expects a double cross by either Angie or Vespertine. There isn't one. Again they go for a collar and elbow tie up. Again Angie gains the advantage. Vespertine notices this and drops and goes for a basic wrestling takedown. This catches Angelica by surprise and she goes down. Not hard, she has a hand on the mat which catches her. But in a flash of speed, Vespertine twists and clinches on a bridging reverse chinlock. Angelica doesn't scream in pain but is scrabbling to get free by clawing at her hands. She tries to move closer to the rope but Vespertine clinches it tighter. Everyone in the arena is asking the same question: can their hero break the hold.)

Tempest:
How is Vespertine keeping that locked on? Angelica is 20lbs heavier and a good foot higher. She should be out of that hold by now.

(As if on cue, Angie gets to her knees then slowly rises up with Vespertine hanging on for dear life. Angelica straightens and Vespertine finally decides to let go and jumps off. Angie whips around and as Vespy turns, she turns right into a bicycle kick, ala a Ms. Angelica Vaughn. Vespertine drops like a sack of wet cats and Angie is quick to capitalize. The referee gets into position.)

(At 2 and a quarter, Witch jumps up, grabs Angie by the foot and pulls her off. THe referee sees this and gets up to admonish her.)

Tempest:
Damn! She has that move scouted. And she isn't even part of the roster. Damn her!

Mark:
Who? Witch? Well once you see a person drop like that, it isn't hard to guess what comes next.

(Suddenly...)

Sarah:
Hey guys! Whazzup?

Tempest:
Sarah. So good of you to... join us?

Sarah:
Yeah, I got bored. I wanted to jaw jack with you two a bit while my girl finishes this ho off.

Mark:
As happy as I am about you joining us, you shouldn't be disrespectful to Vespertine.

Sarah:
And why not? Did you see what she said about me in her podcast? Actually did you see what she said about the outgoing roster.

Tempest:
See! I told you it wasn't just me.

Mark:
And what did I tell you. That she did that to get in everyone's head and 50% of this game is getting into people's heads. And by the way Twitter lit up, I think she achieved what she set out to do.

Sarah:
Please. That bitch can't talk worth a damn without drowning and she can't come anywhere close to my baddassery. I should mentor her on her mic skills. Right. Like that'll ever happen. Whatevs.

(Angelica is still pinning Vespertine when Vespertine kicks out. Vespertine is quick to get up and when Angelica turns to face her, Vesp pokes her in the eyes. Angie staggers backwards and holds her eyes in pain. With her other hand, she swings out, as if trying to keep Vespertine away from her.)

Sarah:
Nice move! I could've done it better though. Come on Ang, get the dumb girl, pin her and let's move on.

Tempest:
You know she beat Kaida to get this shot.

Sarah:
I do, which is sad. Vespertine is easy, I proved that. How Kaida got beaten by her is beyond me. She must've been sleeping on the job because NOBODY gets past Kaida.

Tempest:
Well we'll see a fresh corpse in the town square tomorrow.

Sarah:
What? Huh? Who?

Tempest:
Never mind.

(Vespertine slinks (yes literally) around behind Vaughn who is now holding one eye. Before she can react and turn around, Vespertine charges, and goes around her to attempt a floatover DDT. It works and Angie goes down but quickly rolls out of the ring. Vespertine kips up and looks around to see where she can do the most damage to her on the outside of the ring from the inside of the ring. As Vaughn stumbles around on the outside holding her eye and looking around for Sarah, Vespertine quickly rolls out of the ring to the apron herself.)

Sarah:
ANG! ANGIE! ANGELICA! Look behind you. Better yet, just go with your gut instinct and kick. Up! Hard! NOW!

(Vespertine launches again and executes a perfect Octopus Stretch. Yet, she can't quite hook Angie's other arm. Angie feels this, struggles around and then rams her against the ring post. Vespertine doesn't let go. SHe does it again but before her back connects, she drops to the ground and Angie hits the post hard. She goes down and Vespertine puts her in a one legged boston crab.)

Sarah:
Oh Angie. You are making the #coolkids look bad. Get that bitch and break her! Come on! She isn't that heavy, she isn't that tall. She isn't that good either. You beat her once. You can do it again.

Tempest:
Of course Albion beat her once too.

Mark:
Did nobody else see her two matches against Lynx. She beat him both times.

Sarah:
Flukes. Both of them. I mean you can't compare Lynx's gruff and roughness with Ang's finesse. Vespertine, would win if she had more of that but she can't compare to us, the Cool Kids. That's why we are Team Heel Shit Up. Shhh....

M&T:
Don't tell Angie. Yes, we know.

(The referee starts the 10 count. At 2 though, Vespertine let's go as she realizes she needs to be in the ring to finish Angie off. She gets up and rolls into the ring. Then waits as Vaughn does the same. As Angelica rolls into the ring, Vespertine goes over and helps her up via her hair. Then she tries to snapmare her over. Angie is a smidge too tall and so stays on her feet.)

Sarah:
See! What did I tell you? A good foot bigger.

Mark:
Don't count her out yet, she has more moves in her arsenal.

Sarah:
Right and I'm Megan Markle. (thinks for a second) That does sound good.

Tempest:
Except for the fact that Kate and the Queen hate her. I'm sure the feeling is mutual which is why Harry and Megan are moving to the country.

Mark:
Temp, I didn't know you were a royal fan.

Tempest:
Amazing what you pick up on Twitter. And People. And E.T.

(She grabs Vespy by the sides of the head and lifts, then lets go. Vesy lands hard on her rear as she hits the mat. She silently laughs to herself. What a good move, she feels. That had to have embarassed Vespertine enough for her to make a mistake. And when one makes mistakes in the ring, victories come soon thereafter. She grabs Vespertine by the hair again and then whips her towards the corner. Vespertine hits hard and as she turns around, Angie goes to the opposite corner and prepares to launch. At T-1 second and counting, she does so and attempts an Obvs kick to Vespertine's face. It connects and Vespertine slumps down in the corner. She then picks her up and puts her into an Abdominal stretch. She doesn't realize she is way too close to the ropes, Vespertine catches them and hangs on. The referee sees this and tells Angie to let go. Angie does so. Angie grabs her hand and whips her towards the far ropes. But before she can do anything, Witch reaches under the ropes and hooks her leg, tripping her up, the referee goes to admonish her and Angie turns to chew her out. Vespertine's runs the ropes and on the rebound, she launches, hooks onto Angie's back and falls backwards into a lungbeaker. She keeps the hold locked and finishes it with a reverse bow and arrow lock.)

Sarah:
REALLY? Ref quit jacking with the stupid girl and look at mine.

Mark:
I believe Angie is tapping.

Tempest:
She IS tapping!

Sarah:
Don't turn around, ref. Not yet. Keep that jacking going!

(The referee finally turns around but Vespertine has let go of Vaughn. She pushes Angie off and gets right up into the referee's face. The camera picks up what she says.)

V:
She was tapping! You didn't turn around quick enough. Keep your eyes in here! Not out there.

Referee:
Tell her (indicating Witch) if she interferes again, you will lose!

Tempest:
The one time a referee actually sees cheating.

Mark:
How many times has that happened in the history of this sport.

Tempest:
In the history of this federation even. And how long has this federation been around?

Mark:
20 years now. Give or take a few.

Sarah:
Why in the hell are you doing math and history when we got a match going on right in front of us.

(Vespertine turns around, right into a belly to back suplex. But as she tries to attempt it, Vespertine grabs the ropes again to keep from going over. Angie tries again. The referee sees this and starts the 5 count. At 2, Angie breaks. Vespertine drops and sweeps. This knocks Vaughn off her feet. She rolls onto her back and stares up shocked at Vespertine who seems to be holding out her hand to help her up. She starts talking to Vaughn and the camera gets close enough to hear her.)

V:
Come on! Let's put on a show!

Sarah:
Like she knows what a show is. All she is good for is illegal street racing in that dirty city they call Oakland. Did you know that the Principal of Los Gatos High School called it Gorilla Land back in the early 90s. He referred to the Bay Bridge as Disneyland Bridge and San Francisco as Fairyland. That's awesome! Get it! Mostly fairy's... gay... people. That's f**king funny!
(OOC: True story)

Tempest:
How in the hell would you know? You weren't even born yet.

Mark:
Neither were you.

Sarah:
Boys, I have friends in the Bay Area, I mean I'm not friendless like Vespy is. One of my friends went to Los Gatos High a long time ago back in the 90s and that is what she heard him say.

T&M:
Where is Los Gatos?

Sarah:
South bay somewhere in the Bay Area. Whatevs! Who cares.

(And indeed both Vespertine and Angelica put on an MMA style show. They trade palm strikes, roundhouse kicks, left hand jabs and both of them seem evenly matched. Vespertine is the better striker but Angelica is the better kicker. Angie tries a jump kick to Vespertine's jaw, Vespertine ducks and tries a double heart punch, which Angelica blocks with ease, pushes her back and tries a palm strike to Vespertine's temple. Vespertine blocks by sweeping her arm to the side, then tries a round capeoira kick to the jaw. Angie steps back and catches her foot. She then thrusts it downward and Vespertine follows through with a dragon whip kick. Angie catches it again and throws it the other way. Staying on one foot, Vespertine follows through and tries for a midsection kick. Angie catches it and smiles prettily. She thrusts upward to try and get Vespertine off balance. As she does so, Vespertine jumps up on her other leg, flips and lands on both feet a foot back from where she started. Both women look at each other and we can see as an almost imperceptable nod pass between them.)

Sarah:
UH! Respect. Where in the hell did that come from and why did it even enter in the match. Grrr! Come on Ang! Just kill the whore. She doesn't deserve your belt.

Mark:
Oh I get it. Because San Francisco is mostly gay people, right? Got it.

Sarah:
I know right!

Tempest:
Just... watch the match.

(They continue with palm strikes, leg sweeps, blocks, counters, muay thai knee strikes, roundhouse kicks and Galopante strikes. Neither woman gains the advantage. Suddenly though, Vaughn makes a mistake and tries to straight up strike but Vespertine ducks, runs the ropes, rebounds and executes a perfect spinning heel kick. Angie sees it but can't dodge quick enough as Vesey hits her. Vaughn doesn't go down but staggers back holding her chest. She staggers against the ropes where Witch is and Witch reaches through to keep her from moving again by locking her ankles down. Somehow the referee doesn't see this. Angie tries to move but can't. Vespertine sees this opportunity and doesn't charge like she normally would. She knows what Angelica is capable of and how wily Angelica can be when cornered. So she goes closer to her and chops her across the chest. The crowd goes "OOOOOOOO" as a big candy apple red palm mark spreads across Vaughn's chest. Angie slaps back and connects and where it lands, a big red stop sign colored hand print appears on her skin. Vespertine kicks her in the midsection.)

Sarah:
OH COME ON! What is this? That is blatant all out cheating. DQ her ref! DQ her.

Mark:
Not something you would know about, would you?

Sarah:
No. Not at all. Really, IF I did cheat. It wouldn't be as blatant as that. I'm a better cheater than she is.

Tempest:
Did you just-

Sarah:
Not saying that I cheat. Just saying that if I did, I would do it better.

Tempest:
Right.

(Anyway, Vespertine doubles her over, grabs her head and then attempts a double knee to her head. It connects and Angie goes down hard. She quickly picks Vaughn up, whips her towards the ropes, and on the rebound, Vespertine finds the strength to pick her up and put her into a Widow's peak slam. Vespertine quickly covers her. The referee gets into position, probably the quickest he has done so in the entire match.)

(Kickout at 2 and a half, Vespertine gets on her knees and blows a piece of hair out of her face. We can see that frustration is building but like the ring vetran she is, gears are turning in her head as she is changing tactics. Angelica's gears are turning as well as she is trying to figure out the best way to get Vespertine down.)

Sarah:
Whew! So close! Come on Ang! Get her!

Mark:
Wily kickout from the TV champion.

(Both women get up, Vespertine strikes and when Vaughn is doubled over in pain, Vee grabs her head, puts it on her shoulder, raises her arm to indicate that a "Death by Diva" is coming. She launches but Angie drops, Vespertine lands on her feet and breaks the hold. She quickly turns around and Angie sees her chance. She puts Vespy in her version of the Mandible Claw, called "Ew". Vespertine sees it coming and captures Angelica's hand and tries to keep it from going down her throat. For several seconds, it's a test of strength, will and determination. The crowd suddenly launches into a "Let's Go Angie, let's go!" chant. This is soon followed up by a "Vespertine sucks" chant. Sarah suddenly takes off her headset, gets on the announcer's table and hypes the crowd up. Vespertine falls to a knee as Angelica seems to be overpowering her. There seems to be a change of tactics as Vesey pushes herself up with Angie's hand still in hers, kicks Angie in the midsection, continues to keep her hand clenched in hers. She then backflips and on landing, arm drags her to the ground and puts her in the last half of "Breaking the Bank" a bow and arrow lock. Angie's face keeps rubbing against the mat as she tries to move or escape. But she won't give up. She is Angelica Vaughn. She will defeat Vespertine or she will die trying. Sarah jumps from the announce table, races over to the ring apron, gets on it and distracts the referee by yelling at him. As she does so, she is quickly yanked back to the arena floor. She turns around, right into the face of Witch and doesn't see her wicked right hook come flying at her face. Sarah goes down hard but is not knocked out. Meanwhile Angelica is tapping, again, but the referee is watching the fracus on the arena floor and yelling at the two women to stop it. Finally Vespertine lets go, gets up, grabs the referee's shoulder, spins him around and slaps him across the face. He looks shocked at doing so. She points at Angelica and motions that she was tapping. Finally the camera picks up her voice.)

V:
Don't watch out there. Watch in here. This is twice now. (putting up two fingers to emphasize her point.)

Tempest:
Which is technically true. But thank God the referee didn't see it, otherwise Ves would be our new TV champion.

Mark:
Not to say anything negative about Angelica but I think she has the referee in her pocket.

Tempest:
You? I- she- now I'm speechless. How can you say tha
t?

Mark:
Well think about it. Each time Vespy pinned Angelica, the referee was distracted and then was slow in turning around. It's gotta be a conspiracy or something.

Tempest:
Are you rooting for Vespertine?

Mark:
No just making an observation. Not an assumption. That's Steel's territory.

Tempest:
That would also be you making an ass out of your ump-tion.

Mark:
That too!

(Vespertine turns around, right into a high angle belly to belly suplex ala Angie. Vespertine takes it full on, then rolls away, almost out of the ring. Vaughn tries to drag her back into the ring but she hangs on for dear life. She gives up and walks to the center of the ring. We can almost sense and see her frustration at this turn of events. She puts her hands on her hips and just looks around at the audience who is cheering her on. This almost seems to invigorate her as a slow smiles spreads across her face. She watches as Vespertine stands up fully and when she turns around, Vaughn charges, grabs her hand and whips towards the corner post. Then charges herself expecting Vespy to hit it full on. Vespertine stops just short, grabs the top ropes, jumps up to the top of the post and as Angie charges, she launches, flips, twirls and lands on her feet behind Angie and when she turns around, Vesp launches herself into a headscissors DDT. She nails it and Vaughn goes down like bag of bricks. She looks around, wipes hair from her face and then runs the ropes, rebounds into a rope assisted moonsault and connects. She gets on her knees and quickly covers Angelica. Angelica has tapped before, twice in this match actually and twice the referee missed it. She won't make the same mistake a third time. Angie is too wily for that. Plus, by now, has her moves scouted. So she just covers her for a schoolboy rollup. The referee gets into position.

Tempest:
She did it! She did it! It took quite a lot to wear Angie down, but she did it.

Mark:
That just shows how hard of an opponent Angelica is. That shows just how much she cherishes her TV title. And just shows how much Vespertine wanted it.

Tempest:
That is true. Hats off to both competitors. That seemed like a five start match capable of being a Legends Headliner.

Mark:
I wouldn't go that far.

Hana:
Here is your winner and NEW TV Champion: Vespertine!!!!!

(Tickles raises her hand in victory and hands her the belt, which she cradles in her arms, falls on her knees and puts her head against it. A few sobs rack her body but this is Vespertine, it would be unprofessional of her if she showed the world her emotions now. She takes a deep breathe, composes herself, gets up on her feet and raises the title above her head, then screams her loudest in defiance to the world, in defiance to those who said she couldn't do it. In defiance to those that wanted to keep her down.)

Tempest:
Man, I hope she relishes what she has. She had to go through Kaida to get there and she won't keep it long if any of the rest of the roster have their say about it.

Mark:
It was a well fought match though.

(She rolls out of the ring where Witch joins her and helps her up the entrance ramp. She turns around to look into the ring where we see Sarah is on her knees trying to get Angelica to move. She holds the title up in one hand and looks around at the audience who are switching between booing and cheering her. She disappears back stage.)
[center]You will feel death... by... Diva[/center][/i][/b][/color]

Opponents Defeated
- Richard Head
- Lynx
- "Gokuda" Kaida Kagome, Matriarch of Clan Kagome
- Capt. Fabulous

AngelicaVaughn
XWA World Television Champion
XWA World Television Champion

Postby AngelicaVaughn » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:30 am

Vespertine vs. Angelica Vaughn ©
XWA World Television Championship Match
Angelica’s version
The first main event of 2019 beckons! With the last Piledriver Award handed out, it’s time to see if the woman who closed out 2018 as XWA World Television Champion would be able to continue her Massacre dominance in the new year. The fans are positively buzzing, with vuvuzela’s blowing all over the BattleZone, as well as a respectable legion of Vespertine fans chanting her name. The camera cuts to Mark Sanction and Tempest, the latter of which rubs his hands excitedly.

Tempest
“Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen, as it’s my pleasure to introduce to you the very first main event of 2019! We’ll see two women go at it who are no strangers to each other, having faced off for the very same title a few weeks ago.”

Mark Sanction
“Indeed, in a match filled with shenanigans, Angelica retained against Vespertine and Kaida Kagome after the latter was lured out of the ring by Sarah Lacklan. With Kaida not being a factor here tonight, some say that Vespertine walks into this match as the underdog, and that’s a testament to how far Angelica has come. I think her match at XWA Legends 2018 opened a lot of eyes.”

Tempest
“Angelica very well might be the Mitchell Trubisky of XWA, Sanction. With a horde of doubters at her back she has gotten to be a champion nonetheless, yet everybody has remained a skeptic because OTHERS have the spotlight firmly on them instead. Look at Albion Gale winning the Piledriver Award for Breakout Star of the Year, for example. Or Emery Layton being Hero of the Year. While those two have titles that are very well deserved, Angelica has to work twice and hard and prove twice as much to get the recognition many experts feel she deserves.”

Mark Sanction
“But you know what’s not helping? Sarah Lacklan cheating in her favor at every turn. Many people believe that it does discredit to her skills and that she’s proving nothing by taking advantage of it, willingly or not. Many people believe Angie wouldn’t even have made it to Legends as champion had Sarah not distracted Kaida Kagome in the way she did.”

Tempest
“Well, Kaida is one scary ass woman! But it must also give Vespertine one hell of a chip on her shoulder. Especially after Sarah Lacklan beat her again at XWA Legends 2018! She has something to prove here tonight, and ending Angelica’s reign would do exactly that. She didn’t exactly popularize herself among the rest of the roster with her promotional video, but I don’t think she cares. She just wants to be successful. Now, over to Hana Ramierez!”

The camera cuts to the ring announcer, who winks at the hard cam as she raises the microphone to her mouth while the Massacre theme song dies down.

Hana Ramierez
“Ladies and gentlemen, the following match is the triple threat main event, scheduled for ONE FALL!”

Crowd
“ONE FALL!!!”

Hana Ramierez
“…and it is for the XWA World Television Championship!”

, the sound of a Japanese flute starts out playing quietly over the loudspeakers and the lights go down. The Tron comes up and we see two armies standing face to face on a battlefield. The flute plays louder and quicker and the camera on the Tron gets closer to the two armies. The camera cuts scene...

The camera cuts back to a scene of two armies. The Japanese flute plays louder. Both armies are huge and they are an army of shogun, ronin, and samurai. As the army walks forward a single figure comes into view and emerges from the line and climbs up onto a boulder. The figure raises their sword and as one the entire army stops. The camera goes over their shoulder and we see the other army standing as a wall in the distance. The figure/leader takes off their helmet and long black hair tumbles out from it and flows all around, sometimes waving and weaving in places where the wind catches it. The figure turns and looks at the army behind her and we see it is Vespertine. She raises her sword and roars in fury. Camera cuts scene and the Japanese flute stops. Japanese drums start beating rapidly at march rhythm.

The camera cuts back to scene of her army raising their own swords and shouting in fury. The camera pans back quickly and she does the motion of "go forward with her sword and the camera goes up and we see her entire army run forward to join in the fray below and clash with the wall of men below them. The camera then cuts to various shots of her wrestling as she makes her way to the ring...

The drums stop suddenly and "Undefeated" starts up and a single spotlight in the arena come up and we see a lone figure standing at the top of the ramp. One arm is raised and we see it is Vespertine and she is standing facing the entrance curtains. She spins around rather quickly and at the end of the turn she points at the audience where upon a couple of pyros go off on each side of her. She stands at the top of the ramp looking around at the audience. Then suddenly she reaches her hands out to them as if to encompass their souls and fire pillar pyros go off behind her. She saunters on down to the ring, stepping in time to the music. She wears black wrestling shorts, a black wrestling sports top with purple sequins which reveals her midriff and abs, black wrestling boots, her black trenchcoat duster and black sunglasses. She slides in underneath the ropes, takes off her sunglasses and looks around at various spots in the audience with a narrow feral cat like look in her eyes and slightly licks her lips. She has heavy glitter around her eyes and a heavy dark turquoise black eyeliner. She crawls seductively like a cat to the other side of the ring and then suddenly jumps up and spreads her arms out and lands in an X like pattern where upon at each corner of the ring, showers of golden sparks come flying out. As this goes on, she screams at the top of her lungs. She then looks around, and takes off her trenchcoat duster and sunglasses and gives it to a stagehand and goes to sit on the turnbuckle facing the ring entrance as Hana completes her introduction.[/color][/b]

Hana Ramierez
“From San Francisco, California, standing at five foot five and weighing in at 120 pounds… VESPERTINE!!!”

Mark Sanction
“She looks ready and then some! Here comes the champion!”

The jingling piano keys and dimming lights signal indeed the arrival of Angelica Vaughn. The fans cheer in excitement and the spotlight overhead shines brightly on the entrance as the oh so familiar chorus resounds throughout the BattleZone.

⇜VAUGHNEMOUS⇝
No, I won't give in
I won’t give in
'till I'm victorious
And I will defend
I will defend!

Angie, dressed in her golden attire and her skin painted in a matching color, radiates underneath the spotlight, a bright shining beacon as she steps off the rotating platform with her arms spread wide. As she walks down the aisle, she reaches over to the fans who are hoping for a high five or even just the brush of fingertips. Angelica ignores one fan who’s holding a ‘↓↓↓CUTE BOY↓↓↓’ sign above his head however, and proceeds to slide into the ring, unstrapping the TV title from around her waist. The camera then switches to ringside, in particular to Sarah Lacklan and Kenzi Grey who are both in attendance on the front row. Sarah is cheering enthusiastically for her tag team partner while Kenzi is absent-mindedly looking at her phone not noticing what is going on.

Hana Ramierez
“And her opponent, standing tall at…”

Crowd
“FIVE FOOT TEN BAY-BAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!”

Hana Ramierez
“…she is the XWA World Television Champion. Angelica! Vauuuughn!”

Angelica bows slightly as the fans give her an ovation. Vespertine rolls her eyes and hops off the top turnbuckle, clearly not as impressed as most people in the audience. She shoots Sarah an evil look from afar and then focuses on Angelica again, apparently satisfied with the distance between them. Jack Tickles receives the title from Angelica, puts it up in the air as the prize at stake here tonight, and hands it off to a ringside worker. Angie, smiling as brightly at ever, immediately puts out her hand as the bell rings, asking for a handshake but Vespertine doesn’t even consider shaking it.

Tempest
“Seems a bit harsh!”

Mark Sanction
“Well, Vespertine might think it’s another trap. Considering her history with Angelica, you can’t really blame her.”

Tempest
“Hey, those shenanigans were all Sarah!”

Mark Sanction
“Maybe it’s a bit like the Jedi and the Sith? To some regular people, there’s little to no difference between them.”

Tempest
“Why Mark Sanction, you never told me you were such a NERD!”

Mark Sanction
“I’m not. Let us focus on the match instead.”

Tempest
“Hey, nerds are awesome!”

Mark Sanction
“Technically I’m more of a geek.”

Tempest
“Wow, that is the NERDIEST thing to ever come out of your mouth.”

Mark Sanction
“…sigh”

A rather disappointed Angelica withdraws her hand and wipes it on her thigh, as if to shake off the negative energy. She crouches slightly as her gaze on Vespertine intensifies, the Asian Invasion slowly starting to circle around the ring. Angie mirrors her movements, creeping ever closer as Vespertine does the same. Angelica, instead of a handshake, lifts up on arm, looking for the classic test of strength. Vespertine’s eyes dart towards Angelica’s hand and back and an ever so slight shake of her head is spotted by vigilant fans.

Mark Sanction
“Vespertine isn’t too eager to take that bait!”

Tempest
“She was basically Tom Hardy in that Mad Max gif I love so much!”

Mark Sanction
“…What?”

Tempest
“Don’t tell me you don’t know the iconic thatsbait.gif! I’m sure Kenzi Grey could tell you!”

The camera switches to Kenzi for a second, at the mention of her name. But she doesn’t notice, as she’s still looking at her phone while an annoyed Sarah is elbowing her wife on the arm to get her to put her phone away.

Tempest
“I bet she’s looking at it right now!”

The camera cuts back to the two women in the ring, and Vesperrtine is fully ignoring Angie’s offer for a test of strength. Realizing that she has the upper hand by far when it comes to mobility and agility, Vespertine rolls to the side in surprise. Angelica tries to track Vespertine’s movements, but the Asian Invasion is too quick. She darts forward in the split second she finishes her roll and tries to immediately spear the Leggy Blonde of Legend. But Angie has enough awareness of mind to plant her strongest foot behind her. As soon as Vespertine’s shoulder connects with her gut she traps Vespertine’s head between her arms. She lets out a loud ‘OOMPH’ as a result of the blow and grimaces, but stands her ground.

Mark Sanction
“That was TOUGH from Angelica, blocking Vespertine’s spear like that!”

Tempest
“Vespertine had her beat in quickness, but Angie has great ring instincts, which is surprising for someone so relatively new to the profession and no wrestling lineage to speak of. But you’re right, she may look like a fragile teen, but she has the heart of a grizzled veteran. Vespertine on the other hand, is an ACTUAL grizzled veteran. Hey, is grizzled derived from ‘grizzly bear’, or is it the other way around because grizzly bears are so grizzled?”

As Mark Sanction facepalms, Angelica shifts her wiedhgt backwards to go for a Double-arm DDT, but Vespertine wraps her foot around Angelica’s leg, preventing her from gaining the momentum she needs to dump Vespertine’s head in to the mat. Vespertine starts unleashing a flurry of blows with one of her free hands, aiming straight for the side of the TV Champion. Her strikes are as fast and furious as a Vin Diesel movie, and every blow seems to knock more and more air out of Angelica’s body until the leggy blonde is literally gasping for breath. It weakens the blood flow to her muscles, and eventually her grip loosens enough for Vespertine to break free. Angie staggers backwards and Vespertine wastes no time, dashing towards her foe before nailing her with a step-up enzuiguiri! Angie is blasted right down to the mat, clutching her head as she rolls around on the canvas. Vespertine immediately gets up and grins while wiping a trace of saliva from her chin with her forearm.

Mark Sanction
“Very athletic move by Vespertine and she has the champion down. Can she capitalize?”

Tempest
“Why are you asking me these questions?”

Mark Sanction
“I wasn’t asking YOU, it was a rhetorical question!”

Tempest
“So was mine!”

Vespertine goes to ground and pins Angelica, using her forearm to dig into her jaw and pressing her head to the mat to make an eventual escape even harder.

ONE!

…---…

TWO!!

…---…

KICKOUT!!!!!!!

Angelica gets her shoulder up and breaks free from Vespertine’s grasp, whose forearm now sports a streak of gold paint, courtesy of Angelica’s fading make-up. But the Vaughnemous One doesn’t give in, it’s in her theme song after all, and she sits upright, shaking her long blonde locks. Vespertine seems annoyed, but her facial expression doesn’t stop her from attacking. She plants her hand onto the canvas and swings her hips, hitting Angelica with a Capoeira handspin leg drop that puts the Vaughnemous One back down on her back. Vespertine sees an opportunity and with her mouth agape, rushes towards the ropes. She plants both feet simultaneously on the bottom rope and backsaults through the air, aiming for the woman whose title she’d love to claim. The crowd roars in anticipation of the hit, but Angelica pulls her legs up and as Vespertine lands, drives her knees right into the challenger’s gut! Vespertine clutches her mid-section in pain while Angelica tries to scramble to a vertical basis.

Mark Sanction
“Solid counter by Angelica there, and Vespertine taking a big risk early on. Unfortunately for her, it didn’t pay off.”

Tempest
“It’s in Vespertine’s DNA, Sanction. Go big or go home. And either way, look good doing it. Angelica isn’t a risk-taker by any stretch of the imagination, and flashy failed moves like these are probably while. She calculates the risk beforehand and usually comes to the conclusion that ‘kicking my opponent’s head in is just as effective and less risky’. I think she’d be right. That said, Vespertine’s insistence on taking big risks can be considered either brave or foolish, depending what side of the argument you’re on.”

Both women now look equally hurt, with Vespertine clutching her back and Angelica keeping a hand on the back of her neck as they try to get up. It seems like a pretty even race, but Vespertine is faster by nature. Whether it’s entyhusiasm or adrenaline, Vespertine manages to accelerate her ascent and darts towards Angelica, who once again counters her challenger’s rush move. Trapping Vespertine’s arm, she drops down, resulting in a no-release armdrag. Angelica clutches Vespertine’s arm, who is now lying on her back. But while Angelica, crouching over Vespertine’s body, is trying to apply pressure into an armbar, Vespertine bends her knees and plants her soles on the mat. Pushing down on her heels, she rises with a Matrix escape and rotates under Angelica’s grip, managing to free herself out of her precarious position. Angelica reacts with an instinctive shove. Her prowess as a Cincinnati Hitgirls Offensive Line(wo)man sends Vespertine backpedaling towards the ropes. She bounces off and Angelica bends over, nailing Vespie with a big back bodydrop that sends her flying over six feet into the air! Vespertine lands hard, but the backwards momentum of the drop also enables her to get back up right away. As she does so, Angie bends over again and lifts Vespertine up, primed for an Alabama Slam!

Mark Sanction
“Ahhh, the big back body drop! Don’t see too many of those nowadays!”

Tempest
“She can be a bit of a throwback at times, that’s true. Which is weird, considering her age.”

Mark Sanction
“Hey, she’s trained by Michael Kelly, who’s an old school hard-hitting no-nonsense ‘knock your lights out’ asskicking machine! Sounds throwback to me.”

Angelica tries to reposition herself and hit Vespertine with the Slam, but maybe it’s rookie unawareness, maybe it was Vespertine shifting her weight… no, actually it was Angelica losing her balance, but she got too near the ropes and Vespertine grabbed the nearest top rope. She holds on for dear life and tries to drag Angelica towards the ropes, rather than get slammed into destruction. Angie tries to sends Vespertine flying, but despite her lower height and lesser strength she has the never-to-be-underestimated advantage of leverage! Vespertine drags Angelica towards the ropes, trapping her neck between her legs and curls her biceps to finally reverse the situation. Angelica is dragged over the top rope by Vespertine’s legs as she hurls herself over as well in the process.

Tempest
“Hasn’t been the best week for Alabama… first they get wrecked by Clemson, now their patented Slam doesn’t even work!”

Both women land on their side on the apron, and the crowd get hyped, as this offers some potential for a big-time spot.

Mark Sanction
“The hardest…”

Tempest
“Yeah yeah, it’s the hardest part of the ring, we know!!!”

Mark Sanction
“Actually, I was gonna say: The hardest part of being in this position is deciding what kind of risk you’re going to take, because it’s an easy trip right down to the floor from there. A trip that just might be one-way!”

As Tempest rolls his eyes, the two competitors try their hardest to be the first to get back up. Both use the middle rope to pull themselves upright, until they stand across one another. And again, it’s Vespertine who strikes first.

Mark Sanction
“When this match started, we both said that Vespertine had something to prove here tonight, and boy is she trying to do just that! Taking all the risks and coming back from the brink over and over again, not giving Angelica any opportunity to go well and truly on the offensive.”

Vespertine rams her knee into Angelica’s gut, doubling her over. The crowd goes berserk as she places Angelica’s head in between her thighs, seemingly going for a high impact move. The camera quickly cuts to Sarah in the front row, who is standing up and pulling her white hair in disbelief and shock while Kenzi is still focused on her phone, putting one finger in her ear to turn some of the volume down. Sarah gives her an angry slap to the back of the head to get her to pay attention but Kenzi doesn’t even react, instead grabbing another pork rind and chewing away with her eyes fixed on her mobile.

Back in, or rather ‘on’, the ring, Vespertine is trying to lift Angelica up, but the taller leggy blonde is sandbagging the hell out of the challenger, weighting herself down further by crouching slightly. Instead, Angelica quickly squats to a vertical base and grabs hold of Vespertine with a fireman’s carry. Facing towards the ring’s canvas, Angelica doesn’t immediately seem to know what to do. Not a big risk-taker, she doesn’t immediately leap off the apron for a Samoan drop, she doesn’t immediately hit a Death Valley Driver on the apron… she stands there, momentarily, not a big fan of the big spot occasions. And Vespertine seems to realize it all too well. She shifts her weight cleverly, sliding down Angelica’s back head-first and latches onto the leggy blonde’s thighs. She rotates and her feet land on the floor, the downward momentum giving her the force and leverage she needs to powerbomb Angelica down onto the thin floor protection of the BattleZone. The crowd screeches almost in unison as they see the TV Champion reduced to a lifeless hope of flesh and bone, not in the least Sarah who is covering her open mouth with both her hands while Kenzi is grinning at a funny video she’s watching on her phone’s Youtube app.

Mark Sanction
“Holy guacamole! Angelica just might be done for completely and entirely! She’s not moving! Vespertine didn’t powerbomb her, she powerNUKED her, slamming her neck first into the freakin’ floor! How does a human being bounce back from that??”

Vespertine takes a second to collect her breath, but when she hears the referee’s three-count, she does a quick double-take. Realizing that she might win if she leaves Angelica’s body undisturbed she also knows she’ll go home empty-handed and without a title. And, obviously, titles are what it’s all about. She quickly goes down to the floor as well to try and scoop Angelica up, but the Vaughnemous One is a fair bit taller and heavier than her despite her slender frame, and Vespertine lacks the physical strength to ragdoll her around like a Blake Archer or Jake Rogers easily could. The referee is already at five by the time Vespertine wraps Angelica’s arms around her neck and tries to deadlift her up. She manages to do so, but her legs are shaky and every step it looks like she’s about to collapse, carrying a dead-weight Angelica around.

Tempest
“Live to fight another day is not in Vespertine’s dictionary! Mostly because it’s a proverb and not a word, I guess. Do you think it’s in her thesaurus? What even IS a thesaurus?”

Mark Sanction
“I heard it’s a distant cousin of the Tyrannosaurus.”

Tempest
“By far my favorite Power Ranger.”

Vespertine drops Angelica back onto the ring apron at the count of eight and pushes her underneath the bottom rope. As the referee’s count hits nine she quickly slides into the ring while a broken and battered body of the Vaughnemous One still lies unmoving. A quick camera cut to Sarah reveals that she’s bitten halfway through her usually perfectly manicured nails. In the ring, Vespertine rolls Angelica onto her back and hooks one of her seemingly infinite legs for the cover.

ONE!

…---…

TWO!!

…---…

KICKOUT!!!!!!!

Angelica gets her shoulder up at the last split second and a frustrated Vespertine slams her fists into the mat, grunting at the wasted opportunity.

Mark Sanction
“Oh wow, she had her! She had her dead to rights, if only she hadn’t wasted so much time trying to get her back into the ring!”

Tempest
“Fortune favors the strong!”

Mark Sanction
“That’s not how the proverb goes.”

Tempest
“Yeah, I lost my Tyrannosaurus.”

But Vespertine once again does not relent. Deciding that the time is ripe to put this thing to bed once and for all, she grabs Angelica by the hair and pulls her to a vertical basis, grabbing her by the neck from behind in a form a dragon sleeper hold. It is a move all too familiar to the XWA faithful, and it sparks quite a bit of excitement amongst the fans, who ca sense what’s coming.

Mark Sanction
“Vespertine is serious about ending this! She’s going to go for the Death BY Diva!”

Vespertine manages to lift up a defenseless Angelica, looking for her Osaka Street Cutter to win her very first title in XWA! But As Angelica is flung over Vespertine’s back she retracts her legs once again and grabs the Asian Invasion’s shoulders, reversing a potentially match ending maneuver into a devastating backstabber! Both women crumble to the floor as a rabid XWA crowd cheers.

Mark Sanction
“Great reversal once more by Angelica! Vespertine has been on one hell of an offensive streak, but Angelica has constantly managed to fend off her most devastating strikes.”

Tempest
“You mean APART from the devastating powerbomb to the OUTSIDE??”

Mark Sanction
“Well to use Angelica’s own shorthand… OBVS! That led to nothing and would eventually have led to nothing. ”

The crowd is seriously starting to get pumped now, and the women inside the ring can feel it. Angelica especially, whose latest reversal seems to allow her to tap deep into her reserves. As Vespertine struggles to get back up following the backstabber, the leggy blonde scrambles to her feet and walks up to her challenger, ready to unleash hell. She swings her leg at her, planting her foot against her chest. Vespertine is almost but not quite knocked back down again, and the crowd respond in kind to the snappy kick.

Crowd
“OBVS!!”

Angie gets in another kick, the entire crowd awaiting her hitjust to get their chant off.

Crowd
“OBVS!!”

KICK!

Crowd
“OBVS!!”

KICK!

Crowd
“OBVS!!”

KICK!

Crowd
“OBVS!!”

KICK!

Crowd
“OBVS!!”

KICK!

Crowd
“OBVS!!”

KICK!

Crowd
“OBVS!!”

Angelica takes an extra step backwards, looking to unleash a dreaded buzzsaw kick to round off her OBVS! Kicks’ cadence. She swings… and misses! Vespertine rolls to the side and Angelica’s kick hits nothing but air!

Tempest
“Ouch, that was a painful miss! Guess the City of Chicago has some inaccurate kickers all over! Can I get a CO-DY PAR-KEY chant, people??”

Mark Sanction
“Too soon, man. Too soon… The Monsters of the Midway remember.”

Vespertine is having a tough time getting back to her feet, but Angelica is disoriented after her wild missed kick and takes a moment to regather herself. The one who calls herself Elegance Personified sneaks up on her from behind and as Angie turns around, Vespertine explodes out of her stance to unleash a spinning heel kick!

SNAP!

It hits nothing but chin… The referee’s chin, that is, as Angelica ducked underneath with a great reflex. Vespertine gasps at her mistake as Jack Tickles is absolutely levelled and the camera almost instantaneously cuts to Sarah Lacklan, whose red eyes are afire with evil intentions. Watering at the mouth at this opportunity, she snatches the vuvuzela out of the nearest child’s hand and hops over the barricade. Kenzi, meanwhile, is still too busy playing on her phone to see what her wife is up to.

Mark Sanction
“Oh no, not again. What’s she going to do NOW??”

But as Sar has hopped the barricade, Angelica also notices and she scratches her head as she sees her tag team partner approach the ring.

Angelica
“Sar-sar? What are you doing??”

The distraction is more than enough for Vespertine to lock and load. As Angelica turns back towards her actual opponent, Vespertine nails her with the hardest and swiftest spinning heel kick she’s ever given. Angelica crumbles down to the mat, the added effects of the powerbomb and the kick too much to overcome. The crowd screams, but Sarah remains relatively calm and collected.

Tempest
“What just happened??? We thought she was coming out here to help Angelica, but she may have just cost her the match!!”

Vespertine looks at a downed Angelica as the referee is slowly getting back to his feet. The Asian Invasion seems to want to go for the pin, until Sarah shouts something at her.

Sarah
“Yo Vespie! Catch!”

Sarah throws the vuvuzela over the top rope and instinctively, Vespertine snatches it out of the air. And at that exact moment, the referee opens his eyes, the first thing he sees being Vespertine standing over Angelica’s lifeless body, holding a foreign object. He looks at Vespertine, who looks like a deer caught in headlights, and back at Angelica. And back. And forth. He spreads his arms and loudly asks…

Jack Tickles
“What are you doing???”

Vespertine throws the vuvuzela to the side immediately as if she was caught with her hand in the cookie jar. Sarah, meanwhile, giggles and quickly hops back over the barricade after a job well done. However, she did NOT anticipate the wrath of the BattleZone crowd. She gets boo’d and jeered from all sides and as she takes place back next to Kenzi, still oblivious as she is now browsing the Circle Television Network’s web shop, one fan has the audacity to throw his half full beer cup at Sarah. But the albino has great reflexes and dodges… only for it to land straight on Kenzi! The wrestler/actor megatsra shrieks as she’s doused in the cold beverage and she immediately gets to her feet, raging like a bull.

Kenzi
“Aww, HELL NAW!!! Who did this shit??”

As Sarah is deciding between whether to laugh or retaliate towards the innocent fan, Vespertine is trying to plead not guilty inside the ring. But Jack Tickles is NOT amused with what he just saw.

Jack Tickles
“Cuaght you red handed! That’s a disqualification, lady! RING THE BELL!”

Tempest
“What the hell?? No way!”

Under a chorus of boo’s, the ref gives the sign towards the bell keeper, and the dreaded DING-DING-DING resounds throughout the BattleZone. Vespertine can’t believe it, and neither can the XWA faithful. Sarah meanwhile, is now cackling at the sight of a flabbergasted Vespertine and a beer-doused Kenzi, both of whom look equally stunned. But it’s Angelica, who is starting to come to, who is the most confused. Her brain still rattled from Vespertine’s heel kick, she sits up straight, only to hear Hana Ramierez declare her the winner.

Hana Ramierez
“Here is your winner by disqualification, and STILL… the XWA World Television Champion. Angelica. VAUGHNNN!”

But whereas that was usually greeted with loud cheers and unparalleled rejoicement, the BattleZone fans boo the leggy blonde, whose panicked face was soon accompanied by a wobbly lip. Angelica gets to her feet but she barely notices Jack Tickles handing her her TV title back. She looks at a disgusted Vespertine, who is fuming.

Mark Sanction
“This is getting ridiculous! This is getting out of hand, even! And it’s hard to say this, but I almost feel sorry for Angelica, look at her! She barely realizes what is happening, all she sees are these people booing her out of the building and she has no idea why. Sarah Lacklan has a lot to answer for!”

Tempest
“No kidding, Sanction. And you wonder how this will play into their future tag team match where they face Joey Miles and Kaida Kagome. They’ll have to be on the same page lest they wanna be pigs led to slaughter.”

Angelica rolls out of the ring, her face emotionless and near catatonic as she sleepwalks to the back, the TV title clutched between her white-knuckled fingers. This is not how she had imagined this match to go. And quite frankly, neither had anyone else. She had once again retained, but in what fashion? Would she find out what Sarah had done to her, and how would she react? And what would Vespertine’s reaction be to being tricked into this disqualification, costing her a win in a match where she’d had much of the upper hand? Only one way to find out, keep tuning in to Massacre!!
RevolutionJones
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member

Postby RevolutionJones » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:11 am

This match is now OPEN FOR VOTING!

You have until JANUARY 14TH, 2019 to vote on this match.

Please use the Voting Template located HERE and adhere to the voting rules listed there. Votes that do not meet these standards will not be counted.

Good luck, and may the best match win!
cooltubesource
XWA Hardcore Champion
XWA Hardcore Champion

Re: [VOTE] XWA Massacre MAIN EVENT: Angelica Vaughn vs. Vespertine - WORLD TV TITLE!

Postby cooltubesource » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:24 am

Vespertine

What I liked:

-I have read a few of your matches now and I feel that this one had a more smooth flow to it. I have criticized in the past that there is a lot of “and this happened, and then this happened, followed by this” in your work, and this one had a lot more connecting work to it. I appreciate that!

-
Vee doesn't charge ironically.
I know you meant “immediately” and not “ironically,” but you have no idea how much this made me laugh. My own work can be rife with typos and my friends give me NO END of grief over it, and it has gotten to the point where typos are now a part of both Sar and the entire Legion as a whole. I know that isn’t something to “like,” but I had to mention it, and this was the best place!

-
Mark:
I believe Angie is tapping.

Tempest:
She IS tapping!

Sarah:
Don't turn around, ref. Not yet. Keep that jacking going!
This made me LOL

-I liked the finish. I didn’t so much like the execution (you can’t do a schoolboy rollup on an opponent already on the mat!), but I liked how Vespertine realized that the submissions didn’t work before and to not put herself back in the same situation.

What I disliked:

-The near fall after the first exchange. Something about this bothered me. First, it was that she got a “barely got the shoulder up” on the very first offensive move. It would have made sense if the commentary then mentioned something like “Wow! She almost got her! She really must have dazed her with that kick to the head!” but instead they kinda buried the spot. Tempest say “She needs to do a lot more than that for it to work.”, but did she really? Is a “lot more” barely getting a shoulder up? The exchange came across as disjointed for me.

-While I mentioned that this piece had more flow to it, there were still spots of sentence fragments that hurt the flow. For example:
Then she rolls out of the way. Angelica recovers and follows her. She stops as Vespertine rolls out of the ring
I think that should really be one sentence that resolves the spider dodge and moves into the next sequence. Something like:
After falling flat to the mat, Vespertine rolls out of the way and all the way to the floor, with Angelica stopping at the ropes after following her.
-
Angelica realizes this, gets to her feet, pulls Vespertine up by the hair and tries to fling her across the ring but Vespertine rolls through and ends up in a squat with one arm on the mat, one arm straight out, right next to the ring ropes. As Vesper stands up, Angelica charges trying for a clothesline. Vespertine falls back into a sort of evasion type of move and after Angelica rebounds off the ropes she suddenly stops and looks down at Vespertine who looks like a backwards spider.
That phrase, “falls back into a sort of evasion type of move” really bothered me. A what? Show me what it is! Be comparison, the lines before and after it do a GREAT job of showing me what Vespie is doing. The line before has her in a squat with one hand on the mat and the other in the air...got it. After thes “move” she ends up arching backward into a spider...got it. But this section in middle is NOT good.

-
Vespertine launches again and executes a perfect Octopus Stretch. Yet, she can't quite hook Angie's other arm
Really didn’t like this spot. Vespie jumping down from the apron onto Angie’s back and locking in an octopus stretch isn’t something that can just happen, I believe, and needs some words to help us “see” how it was done. Secondly, you can’t write “executes a perfect Octopus Stretch” and then tell us in the next sentence that it is NOT perfectly executed because she didn’t get the hooks in.

-
Both women get up, Vespertine strikes and when Vaughn is doubled over in pain
Strikes? What strike. Did she punch her in the gut? Kick her? Knee her? You do this a LOT! Tell me what the strike is!

Personal Favourite Part:

-Vespie taking advantage of Sarah’s interference. I think that was a smart way for Vespie, who has been getting to know Sarah well, to anticipate and take advantage of Sar’s proclivity for such antics.

Personal Least Favourite Part:

-You had Angie being VERY heelish in this match. Like, the entire time. From opening the match with right hands to smiling to herself about embarrassing Vespie to unwarranted eye pokes. Now, I know you had the handshake spot in the middle, and I know you at least somewhat hinted at perhaps this is Sarah rubbing off on her, but that kind of thing hasn’t actually shown up in any work Angie has done, so it really jumped out at me as being odd.

-You both wrote about how Angie powers through for the people and doesn’t give in...AND had her tapping TWICE in the match as SOON as the submission was applied. If the former is true, then the latter cannot be. Which one is it? I have no problem with people tapping, of course, but if Angie is the archetype of hero who tries her best and only goes down fighting, then the submissions she taps out to need to be drawn out longer than this.

Constructive Criticism for Next Time: I thought that this piece had good IDEAS but not good EXECUTION. As before, while you did better at this in my opinion, there were a lot of sentence fragments that stilted the story, and a few moves that didn’t make a whole lot of sense due to the positioning of the bodies. An example I didn’t mention above: Vespie is talking with the ref and then turns around into a belly to back suplex. Either she turns around into a belly-to-belly or she is caught from behind by the back suplex, you can’t have both.

Final Comments: Too much Sarah! I love my little scamp but she’s an accessory and not a major component in Angie’s singles matches!

Angie

What I liked:

-
Angelica ignores one fan who’s holding a ‘↓↓↓CUTE BOY↓↓↓’ sign above his head however, and proceeds to slide into the ring, unstrapping the TV title from around her waist.
I know that was just to pop me, and I thank you for it.

-
◄Tempest►
“Don’t tell me you don’t know the iconic thatsbait.gif! I’m sure Kenzi Grey could tell you!”
I saw the joke coming, just heads up!

-
Vespertine goes to ground and pins Angelica, using her forearm to dig into her jaw and pressing her head to the mat to make an eventual escape even harder.
Little details like that are a GREAT way to get over the Vespie is the vet in the match. Same with her reversing the fireman into the powerbomb when they were on the apron and Angie didn’t know what to do. Also, I would have totally bought a double count-out finish and been pleased with such a different take to the match.

-There is a lot of connecting pieces in here to aid in the psychology and it helped keep me immersed

What I disliked:

-
◄Hana Ramierez►
“Ladies and gentlemen, the following match is the triple threat main event, scheduled for ONE FALL!”
The WHAT main event?

-
something like 27 typos
I know that this is an aria from the Ballad of Pots and Kettles, but there is a LOT of typos in this thing, and it threw me off at times both when I first listened to it and when I reread it to write down these thoughts. You should look forward to me making fun of you for some of them for a respectable amount of time.

Personal Favourite Part: The finish. I think the Eddie Guerrero finish was a great way to keep Vespie strong, get over Sar, and advance our overall angle.

Personal Least Favourite Part: Vespie’s entrance. I say this because I know how you feel about entrances, and how you feel they can be so important. And while yours was great, if Vespie’s wasn’t just copy/paste, I’ll eat my fictitious hat.

Constructive Criticism for Next Time: I know that this particular match was with some time constraints, but taking your time would have made this a lot more smooth. Not that you procrastinated on TOP of having less time, I’m sure.

Final Comments: If you and I don’t move this story along after the way this piece ended, Ken will hunt us down in real life and beat us up.

Winner: Angie. Match flowed better overall and emoted more emotion.
RevolutionJones
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member

Re: [VOTE] XWA Massacre MAIN EVENT: Angelica Vaughn vs. Vespertine - WORLD TV TITLE!

Postby RevolutionJones » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:25 am

And the winner is...still the XWA World Television Champion, ANGELICA VAUGHN!

Y'all got the main event and lived up to it. As with the headliner, though, I wish we could have seen more votes for this one.

Return to “Massacre #40: 2019 Piledriver Awards Ceremony”