[VOTE] XWA Massacre MAIN EVENT: Jake Rogers vs. Smith Jones

You will find all match-threads in which to post your match for XWA Massacre and Supershows. Winners will also be voted for and decided here by other handlers.
Michael Swift
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member

[VOTE] XWA Massacre MAIN EVENT: Jake Rogers vs. Smith Jones

Postby Michael Swift » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:53 am

Don't be a fool, tune into...

LIVE! From the XWA BattleZone in Chicago, Illinois (1500 Capacity)
Broadcast exclusively on The Xperience!

The Main Event:
Television Title Rematch!

ImageImageImage

Jake Roger vs. Smith Jones

And to top it all off is a rematch for the ages. First Smith overcame Rodgers, then Rogers took Smith title, and on they meet once more with the belt on the line. No doubt both men will put it all on the line, give there all to prove that they are the better, that they deserve the gold around their waist! We all saw Jake passion in defending his title against Levinator! We all saw Jones' desire to take his place on the throne of Massacre! Who will come out on top? Find out live!

WORD COUNT:

--------
Deadline for matches is 19th April 2018 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
Voting will start at this time and conclude on 24th April 2018 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
[CST is one hour earlier. GMT is five hours later.]
Smith Jones

Re: XWA Massacre MAIN EVENT: Jake Rogers vs. Smith Jones

Postby Smith Jones » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:58 pm

My apologies for posting this so late. Jake Rogers, Adam, and I have spoken about a twenty-four hour deadline extension for this match. DJS told me to post publicly last week. My bad. My version of the match will come tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

~Smitty

UPDATE: Jake has been gracious enough to agree to another 24 hours. I hate asking for extensions and I feel awful about it, but I got booked on a 10 hour day today when I was supposed to have today off to write. I appreciate all of you being patient with this. It's a crazy few weeks at my job. My match will come on Apr 21 no matter what. You all know I tend to be on time most of the time. Thank you.
@imSmithJones
Smith Jones

Postby Smith Jones » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:11 am

Here in the XWA, each wrestler posts their version of the match.
Only one version will become wrestling history after the vote.
The following is my version of the events as I intend for them to unfold in my
XWA World Television Championship shot against Jake Rogers (c) on Massacre!!!

Enjoy.

Fade up on a shot of the Xtremetron from a handheld camera shooting up the middle of the ramp. The crowd is already chanting...

CROWD:
JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE! JAKE!

The tron fades slowly from the XWA logo to plain white.

CROWD:
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

“Don’t Stay” by Linkin Park plays as the tron goes dark, taking all of the arena lights with it. The crowd starts a different chant.

CROWD:
Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!! Smith Jones sucks!!

Spotlights find both members of the Ministry of Truth out amongst the Chicago crowd! O’Brien and Goldstein (six-foot-six and six-foot-seven respectively) are dressed in full riot gear from head to toe, complete with lexan shields, helmets, and telescopic batons. O’Brien’s name is written in white over his heart; Goldstein’s name is in similar position on his vest. The light vanishes for a moment and then blasts to white again. Smith Jones is now standing between the Ministry dressed in a shiny white robe with sparkly silver trim. The robe is open to show that he is dressed to compete in white ring gear, white pads, and white patent leather boots. The trio makes their way through the jeering crowd to ringside. Upon arrival at ringside, Smith Jones mounts the steel ring steps and wipes his feet respectfully on the apron before parting the ropes and entering the ring. He waves the Ministry of Truth in after him. Goldstein stands on Smitty’s left side while O’Brien stands to his right. Goldstein hands Jones his favourite white microphone. Smith takes a deep breath in the faces of all these angry people and he speaks.

SMITH JONES:
Tonight.

Jones lets his head hang for a second before he jerks it skyward and looks at the rafters high above. He then recentres himself and looks dead into the main camera.

SMITH JONES:
Tonight, I get my shot at regaining MY sweet silver strap; tonight, I will become the first ever three-time XWA World Television Champion!!! More reigns than Blake Jones, no relation. More reigns than Adam Fenric. Arguably more notable than Lx-Tim’s record seven-month single run. Arguably! I’m Smith Jones and I am absolutely unstoppable in this ring! I lost one match against Jake Rogers just last month and that somehow makes me a failure? The following match, which happens to be your Main Event of the evening, is my SEVENTH straight Massacre Main Event! Seven. Every single one of them a title match. Every single one of them a modern mat classic. I’m THE man on the Massacre roster. I’m the MAN! Doubt me. Last week against Emery, The Ministry kept me honest on my promise to dedicate myself to Massacre and not give in to being tempted by what most people consider the “top title”. I’ve never cared about the top title my whole career! I have always been the wrestling fans’ champion. And everybody knows that the real wrestling doesn’t come from the “top title”. My whole pro career has been a testament to that. From my XHW X-Core Championship reign back in 2010/2011 to my XHW United States title reign shortly thereafter… From my two PCW Broadcast Championship reigns (the title I retired) to my SCW Heritage Championship reign just a few short years ago. O, how I miss Sin City. All I’ve ever wanted to do was be the working man’s secret hero. And the last and only time I ever held the so-called “top title”, it was the Empire Pro Wrestling Championship over in CWC. Yeah, kids, I’ve played in that yard too! It was not my cup of tea by any stretch of the imagination. All of a sudden, it was about defending the honour of the company. Defending the fed against attacks from outsiders.

Jones chuckles aloud to himself and then snorts and snarls into the mic.

SMITH JONES:
Since when have I been the one to stand up and defend a bunch of people I don’t believe in? There is only one wrestler I choose to believe in! There is only one Smith Jones!! I’ve never been your hero. I’m the hero of the canvas. I’m a champion of the ring. And that is why tonight is so important to me. I don’t want to work innovative cage matches in the Main Event of the monthly Supershow! I want to work professional wrestling matches in the Main Event of the flagship. That’s why Goldstein stopped the match last week and cost me the Supreme Title by DQ. And that is why tonight, I’m going to do everything in my power to regain the XWA World Television Championship against Jake Rogers right now!!! Who’s gonna stop me?!? Who’s gonna hold me back??!

Smith turns to O’Brien and gets right in his face. He looks at the reflection of his own face in O’Brien’s visor with an angry sneer.

SMITH JONES:
You are. Both of you! If I’m going to win the Television Title for a third time and write new pages in history like I tend to, I’m going to do it without this particular cloud of controversy floating over my head. O’Brien. Goldstein. I don’t need you anymore. You’re dismissed. Get out of my ring. NOW!!!!

AMY JO SMYTH:
What the--?

TEMPEST:
Did Smith just fire the Ministry of Truth???

O’Brien and Goldstein both leave the ring and walk out into the crowd in opposite directions. Jones remains steadfast within the squared circle, steeling himself for a future he has already foreseen a million times before. He looks at the entranceway with a crooked smile.

SMITH JONES:
Yeah, boys. Best of luck in your future endeavours. Hit the bricks! Ladies and gentlemen, at this time I would like to introduce to you my new manager. We met as lovers often do by random happenstance during a fan interaction segment I didn’t even want to do. She knew me from deep within from the very first time I sat and spoke with her. I am struck by her intelligence and her beauty. There was a time when I thought I had to choose between my career and my love life. In the end, it turns out that couldn’t be further from the truth. I am very excited to bring out my new manager... She is the love of my life... She is the only woman ever to truly know me… She is my Belle... Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the endlessly enchanting… Amélie Davenport!!!

MARK SANCTION:
What is Smith Jones up to tonight?

TEMPEST:
Why does he have to be up to something? He’s Smith Jones. He seems to always think he can just do whatever he wants, and this is one of those times! Amy Jo, what do you think of Smith’s new manager, Amélie Davenport?

AMY JO SMYTH:
I’ve known Smith Jones a long time now, so it makes me nervous to see a sweet young thing like Amélie coming out here to stand by a proven rulebreaker like this guy! I don’t wanna say that she could do better than Smitty, so I won’t say anything more about that!

TEMPEST:
I mean, hey, he’s holding the ropes open for her! How bad could Smith Jones be?

AMY JO SMYTH:
He’s always up to something! No doubt!

With Smith’s help, Amélie enters the ring wearing a stunning shiny silver dress! Jones takes her by the hand and walks her once around the ring. She then gets behind Jones as he shrugs off his robe. Jones is wearing his usual white trunks with the word I’m written across it in silver lettering. He also has on his patent white leather boots with Jones written on the left boot and Smith written on the right. His white kneepads are plain, but his new elbow brace is… odd. On his left arm, Jones is wearing a gray sleeve that covers from mid forearm to mid biceps.

MARK SANCTION:
Tempest, does that look… I dunno, legal to you?

TEMPEST:
What are you talking about, Sanction? He’s obviously been cleared for competition here tonight! They’ve obviously looked over it, haven’t they?

MARK SANCTION:
That gray neoprene sleeve looks a little jagged underneath! What the heck is Jones wearing on his injured left arm?!

AMY JO SMYTH:
Like I said, he’s up to something again! Jones is not your straightforward type of wrestler these days!

TEMPEST:
This does not bode well for your tag partner, Amy Jo!

Amélie folds Smith’s robe and hands it to ringside, returning to stand by her man and await their opponent.

The American flag waves on the titantron, under the sweeping opening strings of “Victory”. As the beat kicks in, a spotlight shines on the entrance, showing Jake, clad in his red-blue-white ring gear with the XWA Tag Team Title belt over one shoulder and the XWA World Television Championship draped over the other. He moves to the ring slowly but determinedly, clapping the hand of every fan reaching out to him in the process. Once he reaches the ring, he ascends the top turnbuckles, soaking in the atmosphere and looking around in the crowd, using their passion and energy to fuel himself; to pump him up and get an adrenaline rush going that will help him during his upcoming match. He slowly nods, and as the chorus kicks in, he raises his broad arms, acknowledging their support.

MARK SANCTION:
And as always, Jake Rogers looks as noble as ever! Never pretending to be something he’s not! Jake Rogers is just a wholesome individual and he’s a great example of what the Television Champion should be!

AMY JO SMYTH:
Can’t argue with you there! There are many reasons why he makes a fantastic Tag Team Championship partner and a great TV Champion! Jake Rogers is legit!

Jake and Jones stare across the ring at each other from their respective corners. Smith adjusts the gray neoprene sleeve a little bit; Jake locks his eyes on the new elbow brace as well as Smith’s new valet. Amélie does not look at Jake, but rather helps Jones adjust the sleeve as we head into the ring announcements.

HANA RAMIEREZ:
The following contest, scheduled for one fall, is your Main Event of the evening and it is for the XWA World Television Championship!!! Introducing first, the challenger… accompanied to the ring by Amélie Davenport… from Toronto, Ontario, Canada… weighing in at two hundred twenty-nine pounds… there is only one... SMITH JONES!!!

Smith just keeps staring at Rogers and that silver belt he wants more than anything in this business. Jones thinks about how much it meant to hold it in his hands; to carry it on his shoulder week after week. He daydreams about how proud he was to show it off to the entire wrestling world and how they hated him for achieving any morsel of success in the face of their hatred and doubt. Jones is just shy of drooling at the chance to carry that sweet silver strap again. His gaze does not break from that belt.

HANA RAMIEREZ:
And his opponent… from Boston, Massachusetts… weighing in at one hundred sixty-five pounds… he is one half of the XWA Tag Team Champions AND he is the XWA World Television Champion... JAKE ROGERS!!!

Jake hands the Tag Title belt to ringside and then hoists the World TV Championship high above his head for all to see. The crowd erupts with cheers! Jones tracks its every move, ignoring the loud throng that surrounds him. Amélie steps in close and whispers in Smith’s ear. She plants a soft kiss on his cheek and she exits the ring. Referee Johnston takes the TV Title belt and hands it to ringside as Jake and Jones step to centre ring and meet face to face once again.

TEMPEST:
This is the rubber match! This is the tiebreaker that will determine who truly is the XWA TV Champ! Smith Jones took the W in the first XWA Main Event of 2018 back in January! Then, Jake Rogers won their second encounter last month to dethrone Smitty as TV Champ!! Tonight, right here, right now we will see who the better man really is as Jones takes his final shot at an XWA title before being sent to the back of the line in earnest!

AMY JO SMYTH:
Jake Rogers knew that Smith would invoke his rematch clause at some point, but I guess we’re all a little surprised that he’s doing it now while still trying to rehab that shoulder. And that is exactly why I think he is up to something here tonight! He fired the Ministry of Truth out of nowhere and brought his most trusted ally to ringside! The stage is set for Jones to try something devious and to FAIL against my tag team partner Jake Rogers!

MARK SANCTION:
That elbow sleeve does look suspicious to me! There’s no hiding it!

TEMPEST:
I dunno! I still think we gotta give Jones the benefit of the doubt! We saw how hurt he was against Emery Layton last week! I’d be surprised if that elbow doesn’t give him trouble in this one too! He took this rematch far too soon! Everybody in the XWA knows not to mess with Jake Rogers and the Patriot Act! I think Smitty’s ego is getting the best of him!

DING! DING!! DING!!!

MARK SANCTION:
And this match is underway!

Both men step directly towards each other and lock horns in a collar and elbow tie-up. Jake does a quick go-behind into a hammerlock. Jones yelps and switches quickly to a hammerlock of his own. Jake reaches up and grabs Smith behind the neck, pulling himself up and over! He lands on his feet behind Jones and shoves Jones forward against the ropes. They both fall backwards and Jake uses a rear waistlock to get Smith down on his back in an O’Connor roll. Shoulders are down!

ONE!!!

Kickout by Jones! Rogers runs the ropes in front of him and comes back to where Jones does a dropdown in the middle of the ring. Jake steps over and runs the far ropes. Smith leapfrogs Jake. Rogers runs the ropes again. Jones throws a sudden Pélé kick!! Rogers narrowly avoids it and lets Smith crash down on the canvas face down. Rogers lunges in!

MARK SANCTION:
He’s got the arm!! Rogers is going for the Patriot Act early!!

AMY JO SMYTH:
This is exactly what Smith needed to avoid! If Jake gets this crossface locked in, Jones is gonna tap faster than a twitterpated Thumper!

TEMPEST:
He’s out! Smitty just wriggled free of the Patriot Act! He just slithered clear out of the ring!

AMY JO SMYTH:
Look in his eyes, guys! Smith knows he just escaped by the skin of his teeth there!

MARK SANCTION:
He’s not going to get much time to recover here!

Smith goes over to his girlfriend, Amélie and she starts to massage Smith’s left shoulder. Smith looks up as the sky turns red, white, and blue with the suddenly airborne Jake Rogers! Rogers comes flying over the top rope with a topé con hilo! Smith shoves Amélie just enough to get her out of danger’s path. Jake Rogers comes crashing down on Smith Jones’ left shoulder with that flipping senton dive over the top rope! Rogers lands on his feet! He hops up onto the retaining wall and throws his weight backwards into a moonsault off the ringside barrier! Jones barely even sees it coming! Solid impact!

ONE...

TEMPEST:
Where’s Jake going now?

Rogers gets up on the ring apron and waits while Amélie helps Jones to his feet. Jake springboards off the middle rope with an Asai moonsault to his standing opponent at ringside!!

TWO...

Jake slides back into the ring and runs to one of the far corners. He jumps up onto the second rope and throws his arms up in the air. The crowd goes wild with cheering! Jake then runs the ropes again and charges towards where Jones is getting up at ringside. As Jake leaps over the top rope, Jones slides in under the bottom. Jake catches himself by gripping the top rope and landing on his feet on the ring apron. Jones comes at Rogers with a roaring elbow, but Jake ducks it and buries a shoulder to the ribs of Jones. Jake Rogers slingshots himself over the top rope and grabs Smith’s head, bending his body backwards into a slingshot blockbuster! Rogers pulls Jones up to his feet and then picks him up across his shoulders for a signature Fireman’s Carry Slam. Jake takes a moment to get the crowd out of their seats by waving his arms and motioning for them all to stand. Jake starts clapping and the audience claps right along with him. The BattleZone is becoming electric.

Jake shoves Jones’ back against the ropes and Irish whips him to the far side. Jake squares up and stands directly in front of Jones. Rogers gets Jones up in the air for a signature Pop-Up Powerbomb!! Jones uses his augmented momentum to float over Rogers and land on his feet behind Jake. As Jake turns to face Jones, Smitty upends himself and throws a precise Pélé kick to Jake’s temple!! BOOOOOM!! Jake falls flat on his back, but rebounds quickly and gets up to meet Smith. Jones throws a clothesline. Rogers ducks it and turns to Smith. Jake steps up into an enziguri, but Jones ducks the kick and keeps hold of the left leg. Jake throws a mule kick, sending Jones back against the ropes. Rogers rolls through and gets up near the ropes. Jones runs across the ring and throws another clothesline. Rogers ducks it again and throws Jones with a back body drop out of the ring! Jones catches himself much the way Rogers did earlier by hooking his arm over the top rope and remaining on the apron. Before Jones can fully gain balance on the apron, Rogers dive over the top rope and catches Jones’ head for a diving blockbuster to the ringside floor!!! WHAAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!

MARK SANCTION:
What have we just seen here?! Jones could have a broken neck at this point!!!

AMY JO SMYTH:
Rogers has been working on that blockbuster, but I had no idea he was ever planning to use it on the ringside floor!!

TEMPEST:
This is the kind of match where you just gotta do whatever it takes to get the job done! Jake Rogers just flattened Smith Jones with that blockbuster to the ringside floor!!

ONE...

AMY JO SMYTH:
Jake’s already back in the ring! Smith’s still holding his neck on the ringside floor!

TWO...

MARK SANCTION:
Champion’s advantage belongs to Jake Rogers! Smith has to shake this off and get back in there!

THREE...

TEMPEST:
I don’t think he’s gonna have any trouble with that, Sanction! It’s still early yet! And this count is still fresh!

FOUR...

Smith gets up still holding his neck and rolls into the ring where Jake pulls him up and gets him in a front facelock. Jake hits Smith with a snap suplex. He keeps his grip and pulls them both up for a second vertical suplex. Jones hooks his heel around Rogers’ heel and then reverses the move, throwing a vertical suplex of his own. Smith keeps his grasp and pulls them both up for another… no, Jones changes it into a slingshot on the top rope that flows into a jumping slingshot brainbuster in the middle of the ring!! Spilled Milk has Jake Rogers down in the ring. Smith keeps his grasp and gets them into position for a three handled credenza. The twisting fisherman’s neckbreaker keeps Jake down for a few moments. Jones hopes for a few moments more. Lateral press by Jones! The pin!!

ONE!!!

TWO!!!

NOOOOOOOO!!!

Smith’s eyes go dark with rage. This is not going to be a repeat of their previous encounter. Smith Jones is looking to do big damage and he MUST START NOW. His eyes dart around the ring in search of his next move. As they land on the corner of the ring, Jones’ eyes light up and his face cracks across his cheeks with a dastardly grin. Jones crawls quickly over to the corner and he unties the middle turnbuckle as referee Wayne Johnston gets in right behind him and tries to pull him away. Jones shoves the ref and drops the middle buckle pad in the mat in the corner. The ref starts to replace it as Jones goes for Rogers. He gets him in a full nelson and turns so their backs are to the referee replacing the turnbuckle pad. Ref Johnston recognizes the danger and abandons the corner, letting the pad fall outside the ring.

TEMPEST:
Jones is going for his signature Sleep Paralysis dragon suplex against the exposed middle turnbuckle!

AMY JO SMYTH:
Not so fast! Jake’s free of the full nelson!

Jake Rogers does a go-behind and secures a full nelson of his own! Without a pause, Jake Rogers throws Smith Jones with a full nelson suplex towards the corner!! Fortunately for Jones, his head misses the exposed steel buckle ring. Instead, his neck crashes down against the padded bottom buckle! OUCH! Jones instinctively rolls out of the ring; Rogers instinctively gets out on the apron and climbs.

MARK SANCTION:
Is he thinking moonsault again or will he hit his First Amendment corkscrew 630 senton to the outside like he did against Smith?!?

TEMPEST:
Either way, this is gonna hurt bigtime!!

Just as Jake reaches the top, Smith scurries up onto the apron and then up to the middle rope. He gets a rear waistlock on Jake and then pulls as hard as he can! Smith Jones peels Jake Rogers off the top rope with a German suplex to the outside!!! Jake’s body rotates in air and he comes crashing down on the top of the retaining wall with serious force against his ribs and abdomen!!! At the same time, Smith falls from the ring and collides with his new manager, Amélie Davenport!! They both land in a collective heap next to the ringside barrier!! Everyone besides the referee is down outside the ring!!!

TEMPEST:
Just… wow...

MARK SANCTION:
I DON’T KNOW IF JAKE ROGERS HAS SURVIVED THIS BREATHTAKING FALL!!

AMY JO SMYTH:
I’m just gonna...

Amy Jo removes her headset and leaves the announce table and rushes over to where Jake’s body has finally comes to rest in the front row of the XWA BattleZone! Ref Johnston bails from the ring to join Amy Jo and the medical staff in the front row. Jake Rogers is mostly out of sight, buried amongst the running shoes of the XWA fanbase. Jones and Amélie help each other to their feet.

MARK SANCTION:
Tempest, call this unsettling replay!!

TEMPEST:
Well, I’m still not sure whether Jake was going for another moonsault or maybe the First Amendment, but this definitely did not go the way Jake Rogers planned it! Smith Jones came running up behind Jake Rogers and he threw him with an overhead release German suplex off the top rope to the outside!! Hey, slow this part right down! The rotation of Jake’s body combined with the height of the fall combined with the wildness of the throw are all conspiring to attempt murder against our current XWA World Television Champion Jake Rogers!!! OOOUUCCHHHHH!!! He’s gotta have a crushed ribcage after that crazy landing on top of the ringside retaining wall!! And here’s the angle that shows Smith’s fall! Make no mistake. Amélie didn’t get knocked over by accident! You can clearly see her step into the way with both hands out in front of her, trying to break Smitty’s fall!!! This union between Smith Jones and Amélie Davenport is undeniable, even by them! And we see right here in this replay that she is willing to put her body on the line out here to help her man stay at the top of the roster the way he still thinks he is!!

MARK SANCTION:
Smith Jones is already approaching the crash site! Somebody stop him!! Jake Rogers is broken!!!

Amy Jo Smyth steps in between Smitty and her tag partner. She gets right in Jones’ face. Given their history, she is quite comfortable breaking his comfort zone. Smith laughs a crazy laugh and then gets very serious, leaning into Amy Jo’s face at ringside. She then turns her back on Jones, confident that he won’t attack. Jones backs off and slides into the ring to await the prognosis. Medical staff apply pressure to Jake’s midsection and he winces in agony.

REFEREE WAYNE JOHNSTON:
Jake! Are you able to continue?!

JAKE ROGERS:
HECK… YES!!!

AMY JO SMYTH:
You got this, Jake!! You’re the champion!! You are the CHAMP!!! Get your head up! He ain’t gonna settle for a count-out win!! He wants that strap!! KEEP IT AWAY FROM HIM!!!

Jake gets fired up and he lets out all of the pain and emotion in one long, loud screeeeeeaaaaammmmm!!! Jake gets over the retaining wall and slides into the ring. Jones is all over him, raining down clubbing forearm shots to the back of the head and neck. Rogers hulks up and shoves Jones back. Rogers throws Jones with an armdrag. He then gets up and meets Jones with a second armdrag. Rogers runs the ropes and comes racing back with a signature Meathook Clothesline! Jones ducks it and buries a knee to Jake’s ribs. Jake hits the canvas immediately with a sharp gasp. Jones backs up and straight up hoofs Jake in the side ribs with a stiff kick! The pain is quite obvious. Jake moves to protect himself. Jones kicks him again. Rogers makes his way into the corner with the exposed middle turnbuckle. As Smith stalks closer, Rogers trips him with a drop toehold that send his face falling towards the buckle. Jones gets his hands up and grabs the rope to stop himself from hitting. He gets up and turns to face Jake Rogers. Rogers throws a punch, but Jones ducks it and gets out of the corner. Rogers tries for an Irish whip into the exposed corner, but the hurt ribs come into play and Jones pulls Rogers out of the corner. Jones holds on and pulls Rogers back towards him. Jones plants his feet and throws Jake with a belly-to-belly suplex against the exposed steel turnbuckle ring!! Jake falls down and lands on top of his head in the corner!

TEMPEST:
Amy Jo, Jake’s gotta be hurting pretty bad in there! Tell us! What did you find out at ringside?! Broken rib? Collapsed lung? What’s Jake working with in there right now??

AMY JO SMYTH:
Honestly, I’m not really sure! We think maybe a cracked or bruised rib! Could be a break, but it was hard to tell! All I know for sure is that Jake says he’s still good to go so this match is not going to stop unless that changes somehow!

Smith moves across the ring away from Jake and watches Rogers pulls himself to his feet using the ropes in the corner. Jones is facing away from Jones when Smith charges across the ring with a running double knee attack to the middle of the back. Jake gets sandwiched between Smith’s moving body weight and the corner. Jones’ knees do harm to Jake’s midsection and he crumples on the canvas again. Jones picks Rogers up for a scoop slam, but Jake floats over and lands on his feet behind Smith. Jake runs and springs off the middle rope, twisting into a crossbody to Jones, knocking Smitty off his feet! Jones rolls through and picks Jake up, in the slam position. Without breaking momentum, Jones throws Jake through the ropes and out of the ring with a fallaway slam!! Rogers hits the floor hard right in front of Amélie.

Amélie Devenport is a sweet young lady who is not known for causing trouble in any way. We can see from how tall she is standing that she wasn’t hurt bad at all in that tumble earlier. She stands over Smith’s fallen prey with a curious look on her face. She is trying to understand the darker side of the sweet dragon she loves. She looks for pleasure in Jake’s pain, but she struggles to find it there. Amélie looks into the ring at Smith and then casually strolls out of his path. Jones gets a speedy run going and suicide dives through the ropes and right into Jake Rogers! They crash against the barricade and come to rest on the ground. Smith leans against the wall and looks up at his lovely girlfriend standing nearby. He smiles at her through his own pain; she smiles back. There is the joy she was seeking moments ago. It’s enough to warm her soul.

MARK SANCTION:
I will never understand the connection between these two! There’s no reason in the world that a sweetheart like Amélie should get along so well with a monster like Smith Jones!

ONE…

AMY JO SMYTH:
Hey, he’s not a monster! He’s her dragon! You see this kind of thing every day, actually! If you’re not careful, princess, you’re bound to get burned! Don’t stand too close by your man! He’s broken your heart before! It’s only a matter of time before he does it again!

TWO…

Smith doesn’t waste much more time getting Jake up and rolled back in under the bottom rope. Smith ascends straight to the top rope with a single hop. A tribute to an extreme superstar of the past. He measures Jake for landing and gets airborne with a Five Star-- wait!!! Jake jumps up and pulls Jones out of the air by the arm!! He drags him down to the mat and quickly locks him in a Crippler Crossface!!!

MARK SANCTION:
Patriot Act!!! It’s the Patriot Act out of nowhere!!! Smith’s already in more agony than he’d bargained for!!!

TEMPEST:
How’s he gonna get outta this one!!!

AMY JO SMYTH:
Simple! He’s not!!

It’s difficult to tell who’s hurting more at this juncture. Both men are yelling as loud as they can. Jake pulls as hard as he can, bending Smith unnaturally in half while putting pressure on that famously injured elbow in that long, gray neoprene sleeve. Rogers gives it everything he’s got, tugging hard and pushing back with his legs, trying to get Smith Jones to tap out! Jones holds on. Smith kicks his legs repeatedly and reaches out in any random direction in search of sweet release. Rogers’ ribs ache terribly, but he keeps the hold as tight as he can under the circumstances. Jones makes one last effort to stretch out his free arm and grab that bottom rope… and he does!!

MARK SANCTION:
This match is not over yet!!

Ref Johnston calls for the break. One, two, three, four… Jake takes ever bit of that five count that he can. He finally lets go and Smith’s left arm falls limply next to him as he scrambles to get away from Rogers dragging Ref Johnston to a corner. Smith backs the ref into the corner and leaves his own back open to Rogers. Jake comes up behind Smith and grabs him. Jake goes for a lockup, but Smith ducks behind him and drops him with the Point of Controversy!!!

MARK SANCTION:
The PoC connects!!! That Backstabber to the neck has ended countless matches over the years! Jake Rogers cannot get up from this!!

ONE!!!

TWO!!!

KICKOUT!!!

AMY JO SMYTH:
YES!!! GO GET ‘IM JAKE!!!

Jones gets up and comes to collect Jake Rogers, but Jake reaches up and pulls Jones down into an inside cradle! The pin!!

ONE!!!

TWO!!!

KICKOUT!!!

Jones and Jake both stand. Jones throws a knife edge chop! Wooooooooooooooo! Jake throws one right back! Wooooooooooooooo! Wooooooooooooooo! Wooooooooooooooo! Wooooooooooooooo! Wooooooooooooooo! Jake starts to repeat with chop after chop to Smith’s chest! Jake backs Jones up and Irish whips him-- Nope. Reversal by Jones direcly into a tilt-a-whirl backbre-- Nope. Jake turns it into a headscissors takedown to Smith! Jones rolls and stands and walks right into a signature Slingblade from Jake Rogers! Jake gets Smith up across his shoulders for an Olympic Slam, but Jones has that one well scouted and he slides off Jake’s back to land on his feet. As Jake turns to face Jones, Smitty spins counter-clockwise with a violent spinning back elbow to the jaw of Jake Rogers!!! Jake deadfalls backwards and hits the canvas with a THUD! He does not make another move. Back press by Smith Jones. He hooks the inside leg with his good arm.

ONE!!!

TWO!!!

THREE!!!

DING! DING!! DING!!!

HANA RAMIEREZ:
Here is your winner… AND NEW XWA World Television Champion... there is only one... SMITH JONES!!!!

AMY JO SMYTH:
This bull@%&$*!!!

MARK SANCTION:
I tend to concur with that assessment, Amy Jo!! Tempest, what do you think of the elbow brace now?!?

TEMPEST:
I don’t know what to think! Let’s take another look at the final moments of this match! Jones was spinning pretty fast when he connected with that braced up left elbow to the butt of Jake’s jaw!! The lights went out long before Jake hit the mat! I’m still not convinced there’s anything untoward going on with that brace! I think he’s just protecting an injury!

AMY JO SMYTH:
My ass!!! Somebody’d better get to the bottom of this or I’m going to make it my business right quick!

Smith slides out of the ring and grabs the TV Championship belt from the timekeeper’s table! He takes Amélie by the wrist and walks her over to the entrance ramp. Jones instructs her to raise his hand and she does. Jones hoists the XWA TV Title high above his head with pride as he and Amélie back up the ramp in celebration. Amy Jo leaps into the ring to see about Jake as Smith Jones darts out of the arena like a thief in the night. The final shot of Massacre is Amy Jo looking up the ramp as she kneels over an unconscious Jake Rogers. Fade to black.
@imSmithJones
JakeRogers
XWA World Television Champion
XWA World Television Champion

Postby JakeRogers » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:00 am

Jake Rogers (c) vs. Smith Jones
XWA World Television Championship Match

--Mark Sanction--
“WELCOME BACK, ladies and gentlemen, to the BatlleZone, as we get ready for our main event!!”

Mark Sanction’s enthusiasm easily matches that of the XWA fans, who are bouncing up and down in their seats, or have abandoned them entirely, raising their hands into the air as the Massacre theme blasts throughout the arena. The camera zooms in on one particular fan showing off his replica XWA Television title with the nameplate clearly showing ‘Jake Rogers’, his fandom even more accentuated by wearing an American flag as a cape.

--Mark Sanction--
“It’s the rematch the world has been dying to see, as Jake Rogers defends his XWA World Television Championship against the former champion Smith Jones.”

--Tempest--
“And even though Jake has been doing very well since making his debut last Summer, it still can be considered somewhat of an upset, Sanction. Smith Jones’ dominance has sent shockwaves throughout all of XWA in recent months, with some proclaiming he is one of the best wrestlers in the world today. But the bigger you are, the harder they fall; and Jones NEEDS this victory more than you can possibly fathom. The World Television Championship was everything to him; it was his identity, his purpose, his reason for being… When he lost it, by tapping out to Rogers no less, he lost all of that. I except to see a Smith Jones tonight who is even hungrier, even more determined, and even more vicious than usually. And that, Sanction, is a scary thought!”

The Massacre theme tune dies out, and the fans cheer for Hana Ramierez as she makes her way into the ring via the steel steps. He quickly winks at the camera, in acknowledgment of their appreciation. It’s as much as she allows herself to stray off course however, as the ever professional ring announcer has a job to do. As she raises the microphone to her mouth, the crowd prepares to join in, as has become an unwritten tradition.

--Hana Ramierez--
“The following match is scheduled for ONE FALL!!”

--CROWD--
“!!!!ONE FALL!!!!”

--Hana Ramierez--
“…and it is for the XWA World Television Championship! Introducing first, the challenger… from…?”

Hana’s words stay stuck in her throat as the crowd roar. Her head turns towards the source of their excitement, as an enraged Smith Jones bursts onto the scene, all by himself. There is no theme music, no riot cops, no flashy display of pyrotechnics or anything else like that. No, simply Smith Jones, the man, his mere presence more than enough to turn the entire arena on its head. Hana quickly regains her composure as she finishes her introduction, with Smith Jones walking down the entrance ramp at a swift pace.

--Hana Ramierez--
“…the challenger, from Toronto, Ontario Canada… There is only one… Smith! Jones!”

Jones does not even acknowledge her introduction. He merely slides into the ring, walks to the other side of the ring and grabs the top rope, crouching down to stretch his quadriceps one last time before turning his gaze towards the entrance again. There is a fire in his eyes that is only seen in the most desperate and determined of men.

--Mark Sanction--
“Would you look at that! Smith Jones didn’t come here to please the fans. He didn’t come here to put on a show. He didn’t come here to sell tickets, or make the viewers at home tune in. He came here with one single purpose, Tempest: regain his Television Title and damn all the rest straight into oblivion!”

--Tempest--
“I can’t say I’m surprised, Sanction, Jones needs that Television title back. All the rest is merely a distraction. He came here to kick ass, and take names… most importantly his own… He needs to see it back on that Television title nameplate. He needs that title wrapped back around his waist or slung over his shoulder. And he’ll do anything he can to make it so. Smith Jones isn’t a man tonight, he’s a machine! Programmed with one single, solitary purpose.”

There is no theme song to die out, so it doesn’t take long for the arena to be overtaken by the sweeping opening strings of ‘Victory’.

--Mark Sanction--
“And here comes the champion!”

The American Flag starts waving on the titantron, all of its stars and stripes shimmering underneath the bright sunlight. The fog machine goes about its business in front of the entrance, spouting up colorless smoke that is turned red, white and blue by the overhead spotlights. It doesn’t take long for Jake to burst through the cloud, the smoke dissipating almost instantaneously. Clad in his trademark red-white-blue singlet, the XWA Tag Team Championship is wrapped around his waist, while the XWA Television Championship, tonight’s prize, is draped over his shoulder. The crowd cheer for the Boston Patriot, who raises his title into the air, but the cheers increase tenfold as Rosie bursts onto the scene, flying into the Battlezone above the head of her master.

--Mark Sanction--
“Rosie! She wasn’t here during Jake’s first title defense against Levinator, but it wouldn’t be the rematch of all rematches without XWA’s most beloved eagle!”

--Tempest--
“Also the only eagle. But I agree, Sanction, always good to see her.”

Inside the ring, Smith Jones has no intention of waiting around. Jones motions at Jake to hurry up already, looking extremely fired up. Jake keeps his eyes locked on his challenger inside the ring, but pauses midway on the entrance ramp. He lifts his title into the air one more time, which only causes Jones to become more agitated as he slaps the top rope and screams at Rogers to come at him.

--Tempest--
“Jake now poking Jones with a stick. Questionable, as you really don’t want him even more fired up.”

--Mark Sanction--
“It all depends, doesn’t it? Some people gain more focus as they become enraged, others start making mistakes.”

--Tempest--
“If you ask me Jones belongs firmly in the first category.”

Jake continues down the entrance ramp as the referee inside the ring orders Jones to back off. Jake enters via the steel steps, and immediately steps onto the nearest mid turnbuckle, not just raising his TV title but also unstrapping his tag team title and holding both belts up simultaneously.

--Tempest--
“Let’s not forget, with No Man’s Land coming up, Jake Rogers will have to defend that other title belt as well very soon! But that goes on the back burner for tonight, because if he doesn’t keep his head in tonight’s game, he might not even make it to the Supershow!”

Jake absorbs the adoration of the crowd, never having felt more on top than right now, both titles in his hands a validation of all his hard work and determination. Unfortunately for him, his opponent doesn’t care. One. Bit.
With Jake’s back turned towards him, Smith Jones runs over to his opponent, driving his shoulders into Jake’s knees, sending him tumbling down to the mat like a splat of mashed potatoes on a plate. Jones grins as he looks at his opponent while the crowd boo him as mercilessly as he just assaulted his adversary.

--Mark Sanction--
“Hey, what the hell! This match hasn’t even started yet!”

--Tempest--
“Get the upper hand in whatever way you can, Sanction! That’s Jones’ game plan here tonight. Agree with it or not, but he just made a STATEMENT!”

A furious referee orders Smith to back off again, before going to check on Jake. The man in the striped shirt is so enraged that he nearly thinks about throwing the match right then and there, but Jake grabs him by the collar and shakes his head. He lets the refere go and uses the ring ropes to get back to his feet. He shakes his legs, getting rid of the painas much as he can, before looking in Jones’ direction once more. The challenger winks at him, as if to say he’s already gotten the upper hand. The referee takes the championship from the mat before raising the TV title into the air and calling for the bell.

--Tempest--
“Rogers didn’t want the ref to disqualify him right out of the gate, he wants to show the world he’s the one and only true TV Champion and the only way he can do that is by putting Jones down a second time! But those legs might become troublesome. Don’t forget, Levinator spent almost the entire match working on Rogers’ knee during his first title defense. Don’t think for a second that Smith Jones is unaware of that.”

As soon as the bell rings, Jones explodes out of his initial stance, once more trying to catch the champion off guard. But Rogers is ready this time and rolls to the side, dodging the incoming clothesline. Jake gets back up on his feet instantaneously and the second Jones turns around, he wraps the challenger’s arm between his. With their elbows interlocking at such a fast pace, Jake manages to take Jones down with an armdrag. He traps the arm on impact, not allowing Jones freedom to roll through, but instead tries to force Jones’ arm in between his legs to go for the Patriot Act.

--Mark Sanction--
“Rogers looking for his submission finisher right away, this was the move that made Jones tap out!!”

Panic soon flares up in Smith Jones’ eyes as he realizes very well what Jake is intending. He starts struggling like a fish on dry land, flopping up and down, frantically trying to wriggle free before Rogers can complete the hold properly.

--Tempest--
“Jones fears that move, Sanction! He repeated multiple times on social media just how dangerous it is and even warned guys like Levinator about it. Judging by his reaction, the last thing Jones wants is to be caught by it again, because he doesn’t want to have to swallow his pride a second time. He still hasn’t gotten over the first! But his elbow is a bullseye for Rogers to aim at, and it’s clear that Jones’ faith in it hasn’t been restored just yet.”

Smith Jones’ hand slips free from underneath the leg trap and on all fours, Jones hurriedly crawls over to the bottom rope, which he embraces with both his arms. Jake immediately gets up, but Jones takes his sweet time, regrouping at the edge of the ring while the rope gives him the liberty and opportunity to do so. He slowly gets to his feet, taking his sweet time while the crowd boos him. There is little left of his desire to get things going quickly, as it was during Jake’s entrance.
When he gets back to his feet, Jake immediately steps up to him, but Jones wraps a foot around the bottom rope again and extends an open palm. The referee immediately gets in between the two competitors, this time telling Jake to back off, who motions at his challenger to ‘get over here’. But as soon as the referee forces Jake back, Jones uses the ropes to gather momentum and plants his fist right on Jake’s kisser, knocking the champion down with the ref between them. The referee’s angry shouts bounce off of Jones like a bug on a windshield and he grins as he finally has the upper hand once more.
Jones immediately reaches down as he crouches. He pulls Jake up and immediately takes him into a squatted fireman’s carry. He flips sideways, driving Jake’s back into the mat while bouncing back to his feet and immediately follows it up with a straight forearm shot to Jake’s face who tries to get back up. Jake’s head is smacked back into the mat and Jones plants the sole of his boot on Jake’s cheek, pressing downwards to squash his head. The muscles in his quadriceps bulge and Jones foams at the mouth, like Rogers is a pesky worm he can’t quite get rid of even by stepping on it. Jake latches on to Smith’s ankle, but even the mighty arms of the former Olympian can’t quite force him off, lacking any kind of leverage whatsoever.

--Tempest--
“Jones want to PUNISH Rogers for what he did to him! That much is clear!”

Jones looks like a madman, forcing his boot down onto Jake’s face Eventually he releases him, only to go down to the mat and wrap his arms around Jake’s throat from behind, applying a rear choke. He doesn’t even bother to wrap his elgs around Jake’s midsection, it just looks like he’s enjoying himself, squeezing the life out of the man who took everything from him.

But Jake isn’t about to simply let Jones walk all over him. Mustering his own strength, the champion uses whatever strength he has left in the tank to fight back. And Rogers has bigger reserves than most. He swings his arms around, generating momentum so he can roll over to his front. He uses his massive arms to push himself off of the mat, lifting Jones up on his back. He gets his legs up so he’s on all fours before squatting back to his feet.

With Jones piggybacking him, Rogers runs over to the corner as fast as his leg can carry him, before turning around and sending Jones back first into the turnbuckles. The impact causes him to release Jake, who immediately gasps for air. Smith falls down to the mat and Rogers tries to capitalize. He hops onto the mid turnbuckles, looking for an aerial move, but Jones is lightning fast. The former champion kips up and viciously kicks at Jake’s feet, sweeping them out from under him. Jake falls down from the buckles, his feet tangled between the ropes, leaving him in a vulnerable position

--Mark Sanction--
“For a second there, it looked like Jake had found an opening, but Smith Jones is right back on him.”

--Tempest--
“He’s like a rabid animal, Sanction. There are many sharks in XWA, but Smith Jones is JAWS! And… ouch! Look at that!”

Smith Jones starts stomping away viciously at Jake’s exposed knees. The champion tries to pull his legs in, but as they’re still tangled up it only serves to put more strain on them. Eventually Jones stops, allowing Jake the time to untangle himself, but the only reason is that he now has more of an opening. As soon as Jake tries getting back to his feet, he traps his head under his arms, grabs a handful of tights and lifts him up into the air. He throws Jake back down onto the top rope, his quads bouncing off of them and slingshotting him into a vertical position before dropping him, quite unceremoniously, right on his head!

--Mark Sanction--
“The move he calls the Spilled Milk! No sense crying over it, because that slingshot brainbuster can knock out a normal human being.”

--Tempest--
“Then I guess it’s a good thing we aren’t human beings, Sanction. I’m not ready for this contest to be over just yet!”

Jones gets up, but doesn’t go for the cover. Jake is still stirring, he knows he’s not going to get the win quite so easily. He grabs the former Olympian by the hair, pulling him back to his feet. He rams his knees into Jake’s gut to double him over before hooking his arms and sending him flying overhead with a beautiful butterfly suplex. Jake lands hard on the mat, but Jones is on fire, so fast back on his opponent that the audience barely had time to blink. Jake rolled over on his front again to get back up, but the challenger is already standing over him, wrapping his arms around Jake’s waist deadlifting him up before once again throwing him overhead with a deadlift release German suplex. Jake lands on his neck this time, clutching it in pain.

--Mark Sanction--
“Jones not singling out one particular body part, instead opting to spread the pain out a bit. So far he’s targeted his legs, his neck, his head and his back. And I think it’s definitely wearing down Jake Rogers in general.”

--Tempest--
“No doubt, his movements are slightly more sluggish with every move Jones lands. With two such great Superstars this can often lead to a battle of attrition and Jones is going after every body part he can get a hand on until he finds a clear opening and can start picking him apart limb by limb.”

As Jake is lying on his back, Smith Jones takes a quick look at the corner. Salivating at the prospect of carnage, he goes over to the turnbuckles and ascends them, before positioning himself on top. The crowd scream, as they don’t often see Smith Jones taking to the skies. Nevertheless, now is one of those times.

--Tempest--
“Desperate men go for desperate measures in desperate times, Sanction! I think Smith Jones might be feeling a bit froggy here tonight!”

--Mark Sanction--
“It’s a bit more high-risk than I’m used to seeing from Jones, who’s always ever so calculated!”

--Tempest--
“I don’t disagree. And for what it’s worth, he seems a bit wobbly on top of that turnbuckle, there!”

As Smith stands up, looking to deliver a frog splash, he loses his balance for a second, his foot nearly slipping from the bucklepad. It was enough for Jake to catch him off guard. Showing exactly why he’s a former gymnastics Olympics medallist, the Boston Patriot kips up and, ignoring the flashes of pain in his legs, sprints over towards the corner and leaps onto the top of the turnbuckles a well, his feet planting themselves right outside those of Jones’. Their chests touching, Jake wraps one arm over Smitty’s shoulder and grabs the challenger’s tights with the other for leverage. He lifts Jones up while pivoting to the side, planting his far foot along the opposing top rope. And using it as a springboard, he launches both himself and Smith Jones to the outside in the direction of the announce table, Jake moonsaulting backwards to force Jones into a somersault, until both men crash and burn on the outside, their bodies coming to an abrupt halt on the barely protected concrete of the Battlezone floor.

--Mark Sanction--
“OH MY GOD! SPRINGBOARD SPANISH FLY TO THE OUTSIDE!”

--Tempest--
“Rogers is crazy! We talked about the lengths Smith Jones would go to… Well, what about Rogers! What about Rogers????? He went straight up suicidal, homicidal, death-defying, maniacal!!!!!”

The whole crowd is up on their feet, not quite believing what had just transpired in front of their eyes. People start chanting, pointing at the ring on the rhythm of their chant.

--CROWD--
“!!!! HO-LY SHIT!!!! HO-LY SHIT!!!! HO-LY SHIT!!!!”

Their bodies reduced to bits of rubble, neither Jones or Rogers are moving a muscle.

--Mark Sanction--
“This is it, Tempest! They’re not getting back up! Double count-out right here, I’d stake my house on it!”

--Tempest--
“I will take that bet, Sanction! Just leave the keys on the front door! One of these two guys will make it back in the ring before the count of ten!”

--Mark Sanction--
“But this death-defying move means that Jake Rogers is firmly in the driver’s seat. Because even if Jones manages to get back inside and wins by count-out, Rogers will remain champion!”

--Tempest--
“I don’t think either of them will settle for that, though! There’s more than just championship gold at stake here… this is about pride! And there is nothing more valuable than that!”

As the referee starts counting them out, so does the crowd, shouting along with every ‘second’.

--CROWD--
“!!!!ONE!!!!”

“!!!!TWOOO!!!!

“!!!!THREEEE!!!!”

“!!!!FOUUUUR!!!!”

At that point, the champion begins to stir, as he clearly caught less of an impact, the right side of his own body having landed on that of his adversary. Jake inches towards the ring apron, grabbing the cloth.

--CROWD--
“!!!!FIIIIIVE!!!!”

Jake uses the apron cloth to pull himself back to his knees, but as the camera zooms in on his eyes, they are twirling around in their sockets. Smith Jones hasn’t even moved a muscle yet.
--Tempest--
“Jake Rogers now operating on pure instinct, as Jones looks like he’s down for good!”

Jake pushes himself upwards with his legs. His chest scrapes against the edge of the ring as he tries to force his shoulders underneath the bottom ropes so he can roll into the ring with minimal effort. Unfortunately he is too short and he looks just about ready to collapse again.
--CROWD--
“!!!!SIIIIIIX!!!!”

Jake leans forward and grabs the bottom rope, pulling himself closer on nothing but pure arm strength. Once his upper body is on the ring he throws his feet on the apron too and start rolling underneath the bottom rope, clearing himself!

--Mark Sanction--
“I can’t believe it, Rogers is in already. Smith Jones is in deep, deep trouble here!”

--CROWD--
“!!!!SEVENNNNNN!!!!”

Jones starts to stir, at long last, and starts crawling back towards the ring with his head hanging down low. But adrenaline and pure grit are pushing him back to the contest’s boundaries.

--CROWD--
“!!!!EEEEIIGHT!!!!”

Jones gets back on to his feet and nearly THROWS himself onto the ring edge.

--CROWD--
“!!!!NIIIIIINE!!!!”

And then the challenger, with one last gasp, manages to get his shoulder back underneath the bottom rope. But he doesn’t get far. His legs are still sticking out underneath the bottom ropes, with his feet dangling over the edge. Nevertheless, the crowd go insane as they can’t believe Jones made it in time.

--Mark Sanction--
“He did it! Unbelievable, the heart by Smith Jones, the determination to take back what is his! The steel willpower of the former champion!”

Further inside the ring, Jake sees a damn near unconscious Smith Jones in his current position, chest down, cheek against the mat and feet dangling over the edge. Rogers sucks in some air to try and get the blood flowing and regain some of his consciousness… before throwing caution right back to the wind again. He starts moving towards the corner, picking up speed until he’s at a running pace and launches himself off the middle turnbuckle, off the top rope and onto the steel connector that binds the buckles to the ringpost. Using it as a springboard, he completes the triangle moonsault to the outside, where he lands squarely on Smith Jones’ dangling feet before falling back to the ground below again.

The screams of agony heard by Smith Jones at that time made parents cover the eyes of their children. Some of them even looked away as well. Clutching his legs in utter pain, Jones is woken right back up and he starts rolling into the ring, clasping his tibia and fibula.

--Mark Sanction--
“My God, Rogers could have shattered his shinbones! We came into this match talking about his elbow, but I think hs elbow will be the least of his worries right about now! That was absolutely, utterly devastating.”

With tears in his eyes, Jones gets back to a seated position as the crowd goes for another holy shit chant. On the outside, Jake gets back to his feet, realizing that Jones is as vulnerable as a newborn deer on a motorway. Jones tries to get back to his feet as Jake hops onto the apron and uses the top rope as a springboard again, but he merely collapses back down as Jake completes the springboard 450 splash before hooking one of Jones’ legs for the cover.

One!

……

Two!!

…..

Kickout!

The arena screams in surprise at Jones’ gargantuan effort. They may not like the challenger, but they are nothing if not impressed by his will to win and his courage to continue.

--Tempest--
“Jones’ toughness is testing the limits of what is humanly possible here.”

Jake slaps the mat in frustration, believing he had Smitty right then and there. But as he himself is still recovering from the multiple blows suffered throughout the match, Jones is amazingly once again trying to get back to his feet, no matter the agony. As he sees what Smitty’s trying to do, Jake can’t help but be impressed himself. But surprisingly he allows Smith the chance to get back to his feet… even if it’s only to lure him into a trap.
On wobbly legs, a limping challenger finally manages to get back to a vertical basis. But he doesn’t look steadfast. He seems like relatively easy pickings and Jake goes for another armdrag!
But Smuth plants his feet into the canvas. And as he roars in agony, he blocks the attempt by Jake to drag him back into a possible starting point for the Patriot Act!

--Tempest--
“WOOOOW! Look at that! With his legs nearly broken in half, Jones fights through the pain and blocks this armdrag attempt! That must hurt like an absolute bitch, pardon my French! I can say that on the Xperience, right? But it’s telling that even with his lower legs at near shattering point, he still fears a potential Patriot Act more than his legs giving out completely!”

--Mark Sanction--
“You’re right, Tempest, it seems like he fears that move… And that fear gives him unfathomable strength and a near limitless pain threshold!”

With everything he’s got left in him, Jones grabs Jake in a Full Nelson, and as he throws himself backwards, sends his opponent flying overhead with a release suplex, launching Jake’s head straight into the middle turnbuckle. Jake’s head bounced off of it, creating a whiplash effect and he clutches the back of his neck once more.

--Mark Sanction--
“This is unbelievable! Jones fighting back despite everything! And Jake’s head has taken quite some abuse now. And… WHAT IS THIS???”

Jones now goes over to Jake, the look on his face one of intense fury and hatred. He grabs Jake’s arm and traps it underneath his leg, before wrapping his own hands around the forehead of Rogers, interlocking the fingers. It’s the…

--Mark Sanction--
“PATRIOT ACT ON ROGERS!! Smith doesn’t just want his title back, he wants vengeance!”

Smith’s roars as he wrenches at Rogers’ head are telling. Foaming at the mouth he looks like a man possessed, trying to make his opponent suffer.

--Tempest--
“He wants to humiliate Rogers in front of the BattleZone fans! He wants to crush his hopes and dreams and make him pay for what he did to him! This is Smith Jones telling Rogers: ‘Whatever you do to me, I’ll pay you back tenfold!’ He doesn’t just want to beat Rogers for the title… he wants to make him tap out, like he once did. He wants to make him feel every bit of pain and hurt that he went through in recent weeks, and nothing else will suffice! This… this is Jones at his most ruthless!”

The crowd scream, and are encouraging Jake to hold on. But the former Olympian seems in deep trouble… Blinded by the interlocked fingers of Jones, Jake grabs wildly at the nearest rope but misses. But then realizes that there is a weak spot he can capitalize on. With his one free arm, he forms a fist and starts smashing Jones’ elbow, the one he damaged so much in their previous bout. Jones’ fingers soon start to lose grip and from there, Rogers uses all of his arm strength to slip his arm from underneath Jones’ leg, which was too severely weakened to apply the appropriate leverage. And with his arm freed, he can easily break up the hold over his head as he slips free.

--Mark Sanction--
“Rogers broke up his own Patriot Act, knowing precisely which weak points to target!”

But as both men apparently scramble to get to their feet, Rogers finds himself at Jones’ feet. Instinctively, he wraps his own leg between those of Jones, placing his own lower leg behind the knee of the challenger. He grabs the ankle, effectively creating a pinching point on the calf and as he rolls back he creates so much pressure on Jones’ lower leg that the screams this time are almost non-existent… but Jones has trouble not passing out from the agony.

--Mark Sanction--
“Calf Crusher applied by Rogers, who is constantly finding new ways to target his opponent’s weakest spots! And I’d be VERY surprised if Jones can hold on here!”

But Jones doesn’t give in. At least his mind doesn’t. But the mind can’t continue without he body. And his body gives in, as Jones passes out from the pain, the neural shock in his nervous system simply causing him to collapse. His body goes all limp and the referee immediately calls for the bell!!!

--Tempest--
“Oh My God! Jones has just passed out! Rogers did it! He actually did it! He retained his title against one of the most dangerous men in all of XWA!”

And as Rogers’ jaw drops, his body gives out too, finally letting all of the abuse wash over him. He slumps down too, laying down next to his opponent, who has been the most dangerous adversary he could’ve hoped for. But he has done it. He has retained.
Michael Swift
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member

Postby Michael Swift » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:02 pm

This match is now open for VOTING!

You guys have until 25TH APRIL 2018 to vote on which match should become canon.

ANYONE can vote, if you need to use our voting template you can use the one we have HERE.

Good luck, guys!
Wulfspire
Characters Handled: Lance "Lancelot" Jackson

Re: [VOTE] XWA Massacre MAIN EVENT: Jake Rogers vs. Smith Jones

Postby Wulfspire » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:32 am

Smith Jones
What I liked: The theatrics before the match were a great touch. I really enjoyed seeing the big change throw everybody for a loop before a suplex could even be performed. Great stuff. The mystery behind whether some illegal shenanigans were performed for the win was another wonderful touch.

What I disliked: Not a whole lot to dislike!

Personal Favourite Part: My favorite part would be where Jake goes for the Patriot Act just into the match, plays into the strategic thinking of Rogers, and shows Smith overcoming past defeats all in one motion.

Personal Least Favourite Part: The blockbuster to the outside seemed more sadistic than Jake might be. I don't know everyone very well yet, though, so I could be wrong.

Constructive Criticism for Next Time: Perhaps make the colors pop a bit more, make it easier to read.

Final Comments: Over all, a wonderful maps.

-------

Jake Rogers
What I liked: Both competitors got a great showing in this match, I thoroughly enjoyed the read.

What I disliked: Not much to say here.

Personal Favourite Part: Jones being stubborn enough not to tap but to pass out instead was a great touch, really showed his willpower.

Personal Least Favourite Part: Needed more epilogue, I would say. After the match is as important as who wins to me.

Constructive Criticism for Next Time: Again, a lack of epilogue is all I would say to change.

Final Comments: Another great match.

----
The Person Getting My VOTE: Jake Rogers!
Overall Match Comments: This was a tough one, read both matches a couple times in an attempt to come to a conclusion. Great job folks!

Return to “Get in the ring!”