Post your feedback for any matches, promos, Beyond the BattleZone posts or...heck, anything written by other XWAers here. This is a great place for constructive criticism, reactions and overall thoughts on the stuff YOU write!
Myke

Postby Myke » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:10 pm

GiggityGopher
Characters Handled: Danny Diamond
Joey Miles

Re: Feedback: Enter Shade

Postby GiggityGopher » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:47 pm

This fucking 2WWF nostalgia-fest.

Loved this. It was mostly comedic, which was entertaining, but it wasn't comedic in a way where the wrestler can't seem like a legitimate threat. All the 2WWF references brought me happiness and the Kaida line killed me. (Rufus better respond to that in a promo.) I'm not sure how entertaining this promo will be to people not from 2WWF, or who don't understand the references, but I feel like most of it was done in a way where you can still be entertained by it even if you don't know exactly what Shade's talking about for most of it.

Shade's debut promo in XWA basically being him shitting on everyone is a fun way to bring him in. I look forward to you learning about XWA characters you've never seen before so Shade can shit on them, too.
Myke

Postby Myke » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:00 pm

That's what Shade is good at: shitting.
Rob Chapman
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Rob Chapman, Ethan Cross, Jace Albright

Postby Rob Chapman » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:02 am

I don't have much in the way of insight to offer on promo quality, but as I'm one of the other 4 active people on this site who got every reference, this entire promo had me rolling.

I'll take the fact that I'm the only one you didn't really bury despite you hating my pic base irl as an enormous backhanded compliment. :wub:
ImageImageImage

Rob Chapman
Win/Loss Record (2005 - 2018) | 74 - 48 - 2
Win/Loss Record (Current Run) | 2 - 2 - 0

Ethan Cross
Win/Loss Record (Current Run) | 0 - 3 - 0

Jace Albright
Win/Loss Record (Current Run) | 1 - 3 - 0

Return to “Content Feedback”