Grammar?

Post your feedback for any matches, promos, Beyond the BattleZone posts or...heck, anything written by other XWAers here. This is a great place for constructive criticism, reactions and overall thoughts on the stuff YOU write!
Archer
Characters Handled: Blake Archer
El Conejo a Dos
El extraño guapo y Misterioso

Grammar?

Postby Archer » Fri May 18, 2018 11:10 pm

I am in a little pickle I feel comfortable and safe talking about stuff here...so here goes.

I been getting a lot of feedback about my Grammar and honestly I don't see it. I know the problems are there, just because of my disorders I literally can't see the mistakes people point out. That is until my girlfriend spent 45 minuets going over pages of a novel I like to read and pointing out differences. I do apologize for the frustration, but very much appreciate the patience with my illiterate behind. I spend anywhere from 3 to 7 days typing up a match for here and my brain still never sees the things I get messaged about.

What my point is, what can I use as an online tool to help me fix the spelling and Grammar issues in my work to make it easier for people to read?
In the past I've always had someone look over my stuff, but I don't want to do that all the time for a hobby. Any thoughts?
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Dan Bennett

Re: Grammar?

Postby Dan » Fri May 18, 2018 11:54 pm

If you have Microsoft Word, that'd be the best way to tell. It'll point out your sentence fragments and misspellings of words as well as when some punctuation should/shouldn't be used and repetitive words and such. The Chrome browser also will point out your misspelled words. Other than that, I'm not sure what to say.
GiggityGopher
Characters Handled: Jerod Barnez
Joey Miles

Postby GiggityGopher » Sat May 19, 2018 12:10 am

I have this problem when it comes to people pointing out me switching between tenses in my posts. It's just something I never can notice myself, but it gets pointed out fairly often.

As for places to help with your grammar, I use Microsoft Word personally and it does a good job, but there's still a lot of mistakes that can sneak by. I can't remember the link, but I know Rob had a site for this. It probably also isn't perfect, but it'd likely help a lot. I'll see if I can get that link from him.

EDIT: Got it: www.grammarly.com
Archer
Characters Handled: Blake Archer
El Conejo a Dos
El extraño guapo y Misterioso

Postby Archer » Sun May 20, 2018 10:53 pm

I did do better in highschool when I had Microsoft word, the one I used did point out sentence structure mistakes. I just had to look up what I did wrong manually. Sadly have lost the program my teacher game me and my laptop didn't have it for some reason like my past ones.

The grammarly was amazing until it froze my laptop. I miss it. :'(

I appreciate it fellas! I will try and use Chrome and possibly see if Grammarly works better on it then Firefox. I know I been getting frustrated with the plateau I've hit with it. Thanks for the help! :wub:

Return to “Content Feedback”