Post your feedback for any matches, promos, Beyond the BattleZone posts or...heck, anything written by other XWAers here. This is a great place for constructive criticism, reactions and overall thoughts on the stuff YOU write!
Rob Chapman
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Rob Chapman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:35 pm

(2005-2016)

Win/Loss Record (All-Time) | 74 - 46 - 2
Win/Loss Record (Current Run) | 5 - 2 - 0
SuperSnoopz

Re: Feedback: Divided We Fall

Postby SuperSnoopz » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:12 pm

It really does sadden me that you weren't able to write promos more during the last year. Everyone knows how good you are with matches, but you haven't shown much of your promo ability in this fed and it's a shame. This promo was very good. It was a sorta aimless rant that you made come across as aimless for a reason. Reading it, you can really feel the off-putting nature of how Rob was feeling, while also getting some intense words about various people (especially Thomas). I feel this promo made Rob appear a lot more human than he had in a long time. Like, there's clearly some type of emotions going on, even though we aren't sure exactly what they are, as opposed to Rob just coldly beating the fuck out of people.

Very good job. Obviously, anything you're involved in will interest me, but I'm especially interested in seeing where this leads.
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Diamond Jack Sabbath
Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Serena Maxwell

Postby DJS » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:43 am

I liked this. It came off a turn that Rob wasn't comfortable committing to. I don't personally think ELITE ever really needed explaining, I always felt like I got it but I'm glad there was sort of an in-canon ending (almost).

Also LOL at Jack being so hated even the other heels think he's an arse.
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
styg

Postby styg » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:11 pm

Good stuff. A very natural and elegant reaction to the events of Legends, a coherent explanation of everything, and if this is the end of ELITE, this was a good way of wrapping it up instead of it just fizzling and not really being mentioned again, as so often happens in fedding. I'm looking forward to seeing where Rob goes from here.

(Though I hate to break it to you but Rob isn't the longest reigning Supreme Champion ;P)
19W|4D|6L
Hardcore Champion x3 | Gladiatorial Champion | World Heavyweight Champion | first Supreme Champion
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy
Rob Chapman
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Rob Chapman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:52 pm

I guess he's a bit delusional on that front :D

I think I may have confused that with something from the other, dead XWA when I was writing lol.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Good to know I still got it. I'll be interested to see where it goes too...
(2005-2016)

Win/Loss Record (All-Time) | 74 - 46 - 2
Win/Loss Record (Current Run) | 5 - 2 - 0

Return to “Content Feedback”