Post your feedback for any matches, promos, Beyond the BattleZone posts or...heck, anything written by other XWAers here. This is a great place for constructive criticism, reactions and overall thoughts on the stuff YOU write!
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Serena Maxwell

Postby DJS » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:49 pm

Okay, so I wanted to kind of show what Emery's like interacting with other people in this one. I was keen to avoid having her interact with characters I write for regularly to begin with, because I feel like she needs to mold her own bubble but once I added Maxwell in there as a dick that she can fire back at, it made this a whole lot easier. I was keen to emphasise the more 'roguish' side of her. We had the backstory at Legends, this is the 'and this is what she does' promo. Also, that ending's gonna be followed up on, you can bet...but you'll have to wait till 2017!

Feedback/criticisms/comments? As it's a new character, I'm keen to get people's takes on the character in the early going.
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
XxChronoTrigxX

Re: Feedback: Bad People

Postby XxChronoTrigxX » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:34 am

First, the link to the manic grin got a legit chuckle out of me. Now, onto the promo itself. Interesting start for the banter which cued to an appearance from Maxwell. Where has that guy been hiding? Good back and forth between Maxwell and Emery. Plenty of intrigue on the back and forth, was looking forward to seeing where it was going throughout the read. I felt I could hear how they spoke to one another, which is always great to have in these sorts of promos. The end I was like "HA, GOT 'EM"! Seriously though, wasn't expecting that ending. So looking forward to the next part to seeing where it leads. Nice work bud, all good all around in the building toward the character. :)

Return to “Content Feedback”