Post your feedback for any matches, promos, Beyond the BattleZone posts or...heck, anything written by other XWAers here. This is a great place for constructive criticism, reactions and overall thoughts on the stuff YOU write!
GiggityGopher
Lord of the Ring Participant
Lord of the Ring Participant
Characters Handled: Danny Diamond
Bloody Mary
Joey Miles

Postby GiggityGopher » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:57 am

http://www.xwabattlezone.com/XWA/viewto ... f=9&t=8634

Feels good to get back to writing promos after XWA's absence. Co-written with Rufus, obviously.
Rob Chapman
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Rob Chapman, Ethan Cross, Jace Albright

Re: Feedback: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby Rob Chapman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:02 pm

There's a lot that I like about this. Joey and Kaida embracing the face reactions, Kaida's demeanor, some kind of resolution forthcoming to the Jerod/Ace pairing, Jerod calling out the fact that Kaida is an actual mob boss who's being cheered, Joey getting referred to as Matt Steel-lite and getting actually offended, KAIDA SELLING ACE'S UNCOMFORTABLY BRAINWASHED STARE.

I seriously love this and can't wait to see what you guys are going to do with this match. It's hard to get people interested in a self-vs-self match but y'all know what you're doing :wub:
ImageImageImage
Rob Chapman
Win/Loss Record (2005 - 2018) | 74 - 48 - 2
Win/Loss Record (Current Run) | 2 - 2 - 0

Ethan Cross
Win/Loss Record (Current Run) | 0 - 3 - 0

Jace Albright
Win/Loss Record (Current Run) | 2 - 2 - 0
RevolutionJones
XWA World Tag Team Champion
XWA World Tag Team Champion
Characters Handled: A.J. Morales
Hyphy Machinery (Dontell Porter & Jason Moana)

Re: Feedback: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Postby RevolutionJones » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:00 pm

So, I'm gonna be honest, a face turn (or at least tweener) for Fighting Gold was the absolute last thing I expected them to do. But the opponents y'all have been lining up make it somehow believable that these two are the more sympathetic team, and Jerod/Acid are no exception. The history Jerod and Joey have and the sinister power Jerod holds over Acid both really help sell Jerod as the absolute monster he needs to be for this storyline. And as always, Joey, Kaida, and Jerod each have their distinct voices as characters, so they all jump off the page and get me invested in what they're saying.

My one complaint is that the Fanning Sisters T-shirt bit is...tired. Like, it's been months since we last saw either member of Heel Shit Up around here, so the gag just feels irrelevant, and the more babyface Fighting Gold get, the less sense it makes for them to dunk on Angelica Vaughn in particular, since she was like the babiest babyface we had and Sarah Lacklan was the one doing all the trash-talk back when these two teams were interacting. I'm not saying to scrap the "Fighting Gold make insulting merch about other teams" bit completely, but I am saying that it needs to move with the times and find newer, more relevant teams to target, or it's just gonna come off stale and lame.

Return to “Content Feedback”