Post your feedback for any matches, promos, Beyond the BattleZone posts or...heck, anything written by other XWAers here. This is a great place for constructive criticism, reactions and overall thoughts on the stuff YOU write!
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

Postby DJS » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:19 am

I've not read it yet but I intend to, so I'm setting this up now so I can give feedback but also so that others can give feedback before I do (if that makes sense).

Guys, go read Minka Carter's CD and come back so we can see what you thought.
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

Re: Feedback: "Family Matters"

Postby DJS » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:56 am

So now I have read it, I'll give some feedback...

...and I liked it! I started off a little dubious when I saw there were other characters, because I initially thought there'd be some sort of backstory that I wasn't aware of because I wasn't in such-and-such a fed, but luckily it was explained well. I haven't seen any of these characters before (in spite of knowing of Myra already), but I feel like I know exactly who they are just from how they speak and how they conduct themselves.

In terms of the story, I like the idea of Minka being this green-as rookie who still has a lot to learn. Characters like that are great to me. I feel like a lot of people come in and they're multi-time world champions and already have established backgrounds that, really, we don't know about. Some people make it work incredibly well, but as a reader I often feel I've missed a good chunk of a story. I don't get that with Minka, and that's cos I'm in at ground level. I'm in the beginning stages of her story, and that makes it easier for me to root for her.

This was very good, and I wanna see more. I wanna see a new Minka Carter when she steps back into the ring. I wanna see a Minka who's learned and people can sit up and take notice of, and we're on the track to getting there.
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...

Return to “Content Feedback”